Lt. Commander
# 1 Waveform Modulation
07-01-2011, 06:24 PM
What exactly is it's function anyways?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-01-2011, 07:08 PM
It is a mini game that rewards you with more anomolies if you pass it before the time runs out. Anomolies are used to craft all sorts of gear, including the delta flyer shuttle (instead of buying it in the c-store), a combat horta, and the aegis ship gear set for instance.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-01-2011, 07:21 PM
it should be noted that the minigame doesn't always work (especially on the ground) but it's definitely worth a few extra seconds for the bonus
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-01-2011, 11:56 PM
The fact that I can successfully complete the minigame in under half the time allotted and still only get 1 data sample makes the entire "bonus" aspect suspect. You'd figure if you beat the minigame you should at least get two samples, right? I don't believe the minigame has as significant an effect on the samples we get as we think. A dev comment on what successfully completing the minigame does specifically would be really nice.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-02-2011, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
The fact that I can successfully complete the minigame in under half the time allotted and still only get 1 data sample makes the entire "bonus" aspect suspect. You'd figure if you beat the minigame you should at least get two samples, right? I don't believe the minigame has as significant an effect on the samples we get as we think. A dev comment on what successfully completing the minigame does specifically would be really nice.

Z
You'll never get any rare traces if you don't complete it, and sometimes no matter how good you search if there is only one thing there that is all you'll find. You don't need a dev comment, just decide to skip it and always get less, or play it and sometimes get more.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-02-2011, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
You'll never get any rare traces if you don't complete it, and sometimes no matter how good you search if there is only one thing there that is all you'll find. You don't need a dev comment, just decide to skip it and always get less, or play it and sometimes get more.
I know for a fact the highlighted part isn't true as I've gotten rare traces without doing the minigame. Try it sometime.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-02-2011, 06:27 AM
Completing the mini-game gives you a higher chance of getting a rare...nothing more...and not even that much of an increase....I couldn't tell you the percentage...but it's mediocre at best.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-06-2011, 09:03 PM
It's ridiculously easy to do if you use the arrow keys.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
It's ridiculously easy to do if you use the arrow keys.
And do the vertical first, sideways second method of alignment.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-06-2011, 11:49 PM
My problem with this is on scanning missions, when i hit the 5th and final one the mission text pops up, interfering or preventing me from finishing the scan.
Closed Thread