Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Waveform Modulation
07-01-2011, 06:24 PM
What exactly is it's function anyways?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
07-01-2011, 07:08 PM
It is a mini game that rewards you with more anomolies if you pass it before the time runs out. Anomolies are used to craft all sorts of gear, including the delta flyer shuttle (instead of buying it in the c-store), a combat horta, and the aegis ship gear set for instance.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
07-01-2011, 07:21 PM
it should be noted that the minigame doesn't always work (especially on the ground) but it's definitely worth a few extra seconds for the bonus
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
07-01-2011, 11:56 PM
The fact that I can successfully complete the minigame in under half the time allotted and still only get 1 data sample makes the entire "bonus" aspect suspect. You'd figure if you beat the minigame you should at least get two samples, right? I don't believe the minigame has as significant an effect on the samples we get as we think. A dev comment on what successfully completing the minigame does specifically would be really nice.


Z
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
07-02-2011, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
The fact that I can successfully complete the minigame in under half the time allotted and still only get 1 data sample makes the entire "bonus" aspect suspect. You'd figure if you beat the minigame you should at least get two samples, right? I don't believe the minigame has as significant an effect on the samples we get as we think. A dev comment on what successfully completing the minigame does specifically would be really nice.


Z
You'll never get any rare traces if you don't complete it, and sometimes no matter how good you search if there is only one thing there that is all you'll find. You don't need a dev comment, just decide to skip it and always get less, or play it and sometimes get more.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
07-02-2011, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
You'll never get any rare traces if you don't complete it, and sometimes no matter how good you search if there is only one thing there that is all you'll find. You don't need a dev comment, just decide to skip it and always get less, or play it and sometimes get more.
I know for a fact the highlighted part isn't true as I've gotten rare traces without doing the minigame. Try it sometime.


Z
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
07-02-2011, 06:27 AM
Completing the mini-game gives you a higher chance of getting a rare...nothing more...and not even that much of an increase....I couldn't tell you the percentage...but it's mediocre at best.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
07-06-2011, 09:03 PM
It's ridiculously easy to do if you use the arrow keys.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
07-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
It's ridiculously easy to do if you use the arrow keys.
And do the vertical first, sideways second method of alignment.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
07-06-2011, 11:49 PM
My problem with this is on scanning missions, when i hit the 5th and final one the mission text pops up, interfering or preventing me from finishing the scan.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:42 AM.