Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
07-01-2011, 01:07 PM
In another forum post, someone (I can't remember who, no they weren't a dev) suggested that the Tribble Test Weekend is being kept secret so that only players who actually care about testing get a reward, instead of anyone who takes a 1hour break from Holodeck. Could this be a possibility?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
07-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSpock View Post
In another forum post, someone (I can't remember who, no they weren't a dev) suggested that the Tribble Test Weekend is being kept secret so that only players who actually care about testing get a reward, instead of anyone who takes a 1hour break from Holodeck. Could this be a possibility?
The purpose of the test weekends is a stress test. They aren't always very reliant on our bug reports, relying a lot on internal testing but also early Tribble testing, and by the time a Test Weekend rolls around, they're ready to go live barring any showstoppers and the point is more of a stress test. So a secret test weekend makes little sense to me since, by the time a test weekend rolls around, any bugs left are ones that either require a lot of people to trigger, are rare, or are ones they're prepared to let go live.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
07-01-2011, 10:22 PM
The main NPC things there weren't available were some leather bracers, a leather collar and chest strap, some vest related options, face proportion scaling, and the ability to have a bare chest with armor, or with a vest. All that is fixed with the latest build (going to tribble soon? today probably).

There was a bug that was stopping a few extra options from being available, that bug was fixed as well. You'll see some controls for the nose, nostrils, jaw, and cranium/forehead. Also, the longer head spikes that were available on the old-and-retired Gorn have been added back in (in new gorn flavor)*

The helmet was cut for several reasons. The one I'll tell you is that it just sucked. Sorry.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
07-01-2011, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post
The helmet was cut for several reasons. The one I'll tell you is that it just sucked. Sorry.
XD

Okay.

...psst... getting shoulder and hip width sliders back in would be awesome...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
07-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post

The helmet was cut for several reasons. The one I'll tell you is that it just sucked. Sorry.
Hehe... I wasn't going to mention anything about this. :p Glad you saw that it didn't fit the Gorn.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
07-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
psst... getting shoulder and hip width sliders back in would be awesome...
I dunno, I like the bulk and physique sliders and would like to have them for all characters. Maybe have the option to do either? Bulk and Physique are simple mode and the sliders other species use are advanced mode?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
07-02-2011, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post
The main NPC things there weren't available were some leather bracers, a leather collar and chest strap, some vest related options, face proportion scaling, and the ability to have a bare chest with armor, or with a vest. All that is fixed with the latest build (going to tribble soon? today probably).

There was a bug that was stopping a few extra options from being available, that bug was fixed as well. You'll see some controls for the nose, nostrils, jaw, and cranium/forehead. Also, the longer head spikes that were available on the old-and-retired Gorn have been added back in (in new gorn flavor)*

The helmet was cut for several reasons. The one I'll tell you is that it just sucked. Sorry.
I don't like the body sliders you put in for the new Gorn model. The old sliders gave you more options as it also gave you hip adjustments that didn't change the stomach size. Just as the old skin colours gave us more options. It feels like that this is one big step backwards in customizability. Why?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
07-02-2011, 02:46 AM
Id like to see more shoulder pad options for the gorn.

I think if its possible some of the art assets for the others (nausicaan and orion would go well with the gorn). most of the NPC's have them and it would be cool if we could get them too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
07-02-2011, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
Id like to see more shoulder pad options for the gorn.

I think if its possible some of the art assets for the others (nausicaan and orion would go well with the gorn). most of the NPC's have them and it would be cool if we could get them too.
THis is what Gorn players wanted (as far as costume options) from day 1. Never once did I ask for any sort of 'overhaul' for Gorn art altogether, on either of my acct's. The only thing I (personally) wanted, was to take my Collar off. Seriously. (And for that matter let the Nausicaans take em off too)

When I say I'm a Gorn fan, I have 6 identical Gorn toons on my main account, (spacecadet1138) 1 Lt General, 1 Captain, the rest are chomping at the bit for content to get levelled. I'm sticking with the old art and it saddens me that I won't have any costume options for those costumes......cause that's what I kinda thought I was getting.

With all due respect, I think the overhaul was way off target. Kinda like when we wanted a new ship, and straight outta left field comes the Kar'fii. I'm not sure why devs think KDF players want the most outrageous, wicked, edgy-looking art (Kar'fii and new Gorn art, for example) but for the most part we dont. Most KDF players are traditionalists, we're not necessarily more interested in extreme designs.

Please, tone it down-and, listen to the players. I'm sure many players love the new Gorn art, but they're still seeking the options that NPC's have. It really is about options, not the look; begin by not retiring the Old Gorn art completely- please leave it as another option under "skin type" (ithink?) in the Char creator. Next, let us have the same options that the NPC's have, and I'm not just talking about 'leather straps'.

If you really, really, have to- make it a C-store costume pack bundle. Please. If taking what the Orions and Nausicaans have as exclusive costume options (which, realistically, doesn't add that much draw to either and hasn't gone to bolster their numbers) is an issue, I'll pay for em. On both accounts. And yes, I said this even prior to the Atari tokens sale.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
07-02-2011, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post
The main NPC things there weren't available were some leather bracers, a leather collar and chest strap, some vest related options, face proportion scaling, and the ability to have a bare chest with armor, or with a vest. All that is fixed with the latest build (going to tribble soon? today probably).

There was a bug that was stopping a few extra options from being available, that bug was fixed as well. You'll see some controls for the nose, nostrils, jaw, and cranium/forehead. Also, the longer head spikes that were available on the old-and-retired Gorn have been added back in (in new gorn flavor)*

The helmet was cut for several reasons. The one I'll tell you is that it just sucked. Sorry.
What about the one Gorn we see walking around with Mercenary gear? Will those of us with the Merc gear on the Fed side be able to use them on our KDF characters (or at least the gorn) Soon?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:15 PM.