Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
07-02-2011, 08:01 AM
My albino Gorn will be no more after this hits Holodeck. Sure there are a colour square that looks almost white, but it doesn't make their skin white.

And I agree with the previous poster. Leave the old Gorn design in as an alternative look for Gorns.
Just as we can pick different head designs for humans we can pick different ones for the Gorns.
The technology is there, the art assets are there. Only the UI adaption and programming left.
Lt. Commander
# 32
07-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
What about the one Gorn we see walking around with Mercenary gear? Will those of us with the Merc gear on the Fed side be able to use them on our KDF characters (or at least the gorn) Soon?
Honestly there's no reason why Merc gear should be Fed exclusive at all. >.<
Lt. Commander
# 33
07-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
What about the one Gorn we see walking around with Mercenary gear? Will those of us with the Merc gear on the Fed side be able to use them on our KDF characters (or at least the gorn) Soon?
I can't promise anything righ now, but I've been looking into new interesting ways to do new outfit sets that will make both Fed and KDF players happy. (and hopefully do away with or blur the line between on and off duty outfits) I really want to get some more high tech merc gear available on the KDF side, if only to outfit my Lethean captain!
Lt. Commander
# 34
07-02-2011, 11:00 AM
My main question is why cant I customize my Gorn with the same clothes that Gorn wear in First City?
Lt. Commander
# 35
07-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post
I can't promise anything righ now, but I've been looking into new interesting ways to do new outfit sets that will make both Fed and KDF players happy. (and hopefully do away with or blur the line between on and off duty outfits) I really want to get some more high tech merc gear available on the KDF side, if only to outfit my Lethean captain!

SWEET! Finally some Leathean-love! WOOHOO!
Lt. Commander
# 36
07-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Quote:
The main NPC things there weren't available were some leather bracers, a leather collar and chest strap, some vest related options, face proportion scaling, and the ability to have a bare chest with armor, or with a vest. All that is fixed with the latest build (going to tribble soon? today probably).

There was a bug that was stopping a few extra options from being available, that bug was fixed as well. You'll see some controls for the nose, nostrils, jaw, and cranium/forehead. Also, the longer head spikes that were available on the old-and-retired Gorn have been added back in (in new gorn flavor)*

The helmet was cut for several reasons. The one I'll tell you is that it just sucked. Sorry.
Okay, i'm sorry if I sounded rude to you at all in the OP Matt. I just was worried we would'nt be getting anything more. It looks........wow, it just looks incredible now. All the new options are really cool and the hard work you put in really shows!

I was just wondering, are the round shoulder pads on the new Gorn NPCs going to remain exclusive to NPCs? (Since it's originally Nausican?). Also have all the old Gorn NPC options (leg bracers, knee pads, should knives) been scrapped?

Anyways, great work as usual, well maybe not. These Gorn really take the cake!
Lt. Commander
# 37
07-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Quote:
The main NPC things there weren't available were some leather bracers, a leather collar and chest strap, some vest related options, face proportion scaling, and the ability to have a bare chest with armor, or with a vest. All that is fixed with the latest build (going to tribble soon? today probably).

There was a bug that was stopping a few extra options from being available, that bug was fixed as well. You'll see some controls for the nose, nostrils, jaw, and cranium/forehead. Also, the longer head spikes that were available on the old-and-retired Gorn have been added back in (in new gorn flavor)*

The helmet was cut for several reasons. The one I'll tell you is that it just sucked. Sorry.
The helmet can my trill have it instead, it look cool with the cape!
Lt. Commander
# 38
07-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Quote:
You guys can probably at the very least reuse the same models more, which is not unlike the actual costume design from the shows, where they'd doctor existing outfits.

The 29th century Starfleet uniforms, for example, look like a mod of the AGT uniforms.

I would think it's even easier for Merc uniforms if you start out designing them as re-skins of existing models.
Lt. Commander
# 39
07-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Quote:
YAY Lethean! <3 My Lethean captain. ^.^
Lt. Commander
# 40
07-02-2011, 02:48 PM
I still want TOS gorn clothing