Lt. Commander
# 41
07-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post
I'm really hoping the uniforms are just getting a little bit of polish before coming out on tribble. It's great we finally have the new Gorn, we just need uniforms for them. I'm interested in why the options NPCs wear can't be ported over to players?

For the answer to this, I think, if I recall correctly, one of the devs said that an NPC and its clothing weren't pieces that they changed as they wished, but that the NPC themselves was a "costume," meaning that a Gorn Mauler (example names, not necessarily a real Gorn NPC name) was dressed differently and looked different than a Gorn Ra'fwiq did. In other words, there are no costume pieces that they mix and match. The whole NPC is one, static costume and piece of art.

I could be mistaken, but I believe that's the explanation given by a dev in response to a similar question. You can see an example of what I mean in the Foundry, where you assign "costumes" to an NPC. You choose Starfleet Captain Tactical, Starfleet Captain Engineering, Klingon Swordmaster, Dahar Master, etc. They look the same.
Lt. Commander
# 42
07-03-2011, 11:58 AM
As do I. Pretty much all the Gorn have that is "exclusive" right now is a shirt, NO shirt, and bracers...
Lt. Commander
# 43
07-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husnock01 View Post
As do I. Pretty much all the Gorn have that is "exclusive" right now is a shirt, NO shirt, and bracers...
Agreed .... at least the overall Gorn looks more impressive ... Excited about the changes I have planned in the appearance of the Gorn I am currently leveling.
Lt. Commander
# 44
07-05-2011, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post
I can't promise anything righ now, but I've been looking into new interesting ways to do new outfit sets that will make both Fed and KDF players happy. (and hopefully do away with or blur the line between on and off duty outfits) I really want to get some more high tech merc gear available on the KDF side, if only to outfit my Lethean captain!
I tried a Klingon on Tribble for the first time (I really wanted to see the new First City which is amazing!) and Would really love some of the robes/hoods/neck scarves etc as costume options they look rather cool and the robes are already costume options on the fed side...

Keep up the awesome work!
Lt. Commander
# 45
07-05-2011, 03:39 PM
But why remove the old version and remove skin colour options?

Couldn't the new version be an addition to the old Gorn?
Lt. Commander
# 46
07-06-2011, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simale
But why remove the old version and remove skin colour options?

Couldn't the new version be an addition to the old Gorn?
I agree. Why remove the options that are already there? That makes zero sense.
When the players are asking all the time for MORE options, why would you remove any that you have?