Lt. Commander
# 21
07-01-2011, 07:10 PM
lol, not even cryptic seem to have a clue about whats going on these days

'Get 20% extra Cryptic Points with every Atari Token Bundle purchase.'

what if i want 20% extra atari tokens with my cryptic point bundle purchase ? lol
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Glad i saw this thread, i was about to drop some cash on those token but i think i will keep my cash in my wallet for the time being until i see whats going to happen, if anything, with the whole Atari token thing.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Quote:
If it is an accident, then it's one they made repeatedly. They use the term Cryptic Points in the entry on the homepage, as well as the sales page which lists the C-store merchandise, and on the launcher.
'Get 20% extra Cryptic Points with every Atari Token Bundle purchase.'

you mean like that? ^^

Its not suprising that they made that mistake so many times. look how frequently everyone around here calls them cryptic points. the devs have done it quite a few times. since they are not cstore points, but atari points and since at this moment atari still owns the game, there is no reason to believe that it is anything but a mistake in using the wrong word.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox-XL5
Glad i saw this thread, i was about to drop some cash on those token but i think i will keep my cash in my wallet for the time being until i see whats going to happen, if anything, with the whole Atari token thing.
right, i'm not buying anymore points untill i know i can hang on to them and still use them for STO
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-02-2011, 06:48 PM
while I know as much as every1 else here I think for the moment everyone fears is a little premature. I dont think the split we be so abrupt that Cryptic will not have time to warn is, I believe that at least a few weeks before the split their will be an announcement. Cryptic is one of the best companies I know in terms of their connection to the community and they know we would all be ****ed if we wasted money for something like this.

But as an added precaution I would say that its still safe to buy points, but only if you know you want something now and to try and not have too many points left over just waiting until something new comes out.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-02-2011, 06:57 PM
I agree, it is premature to panic and think that Cryptic has some evil plan here. At the very worst, I am pretty confident that they'd give several weeks' notice if your points are no longer going to be valid as of a certain date. You'd have time to use them up. To do anything less would be a PR disaster reported throughout the MMO community.

Personally, I believe the existing points will just convert to Cryptic Points, and that will be that. They have no reason to complicate the issue and turn people off from doing C-store transactions post-transfer. It's not good for business.
Lt. Commander
# 27 Chicken Lickn
07-02-2011, 08:39 PM
The sky is falling! The Sky is Fallliing!!
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-02-2011, 11:23 PM
regardless of what happens, I'm sure they'll give us plenty of warning.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-03-2011, 06:51 AM
what I was saying was that the the points you buy for sto are already cryptic points, its just a name change, if you remember back when they changed it over int he first place. the points are bought on cryptics database, stored there and spent there.

so when the split occurs, the points will still be there in cryptics database. chances are atari will just leave them there, better to take the "loss" of letting users keep the points, then take them away and suffer a PR problem.