Lt. Commander
# 21
04-08-2011, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatness View Post
To elaborate a little: most NPC's don't have to go through all the animations that the player characters do, chances are many of those uniform pieces we can't use would distort horribly or clip far worse than the pieces we currently have do. many of them probably aren't set up to be used in conjunction with other parts too so there would be even more problems there making sure they looked right with parts you normally don't see with them.
Also there is little variation to the NPCs in terms of size and bulk so many of those costumes might only work with specific "standard NPC shapes" and might otherwise clip horribly.
The problems that exist (ed?) with the Generations/Voyager Communicator on Female Starfleet officers would be an example of this (They disappear (ed?) when you pulled the breast size bar to the right too much)
I am not sure whether this bug has been corrected, hence the (ed?).
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
Except the Shoulder pads, or the sashes, or the Gauntlets, or the armor we can wear...

-List updated to include the other uniforms mentioned.
This and they don't have as much movement as we do. Ever notice how they just walk around or stand still?
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-01-2011, 07:03 PM
I support this message.

I think one of the main things all Klingon players want to see is some type of Overcoat. I mean we see Dahar Masters walking around with them on...is that when we will finally be able to wear them?....when the LvL Cap is increased to Dahar Master?
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Yeah, I'd like to see boots that don't have *any* spikes on them. There are Orion NPCs wearing the thigh high boots the Feds have, why doesn't the KDF have that as an option for female characters?
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanZen View Post
I support this message.

I think one of the main things all Klingon players want to see is some type of Overcoat. I mean we see Dahar Masters walking around with them on...is that when we will finally be able to wear them?....when the LvL Cap is increased to Dahar Master?
hmm intresting idea, I mean the sash is apparently connected to your rank after all
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-02-2011, 01:28 AM
Nausicaan trenchcoats, like in the enterprise episode 'fortunate son' (season 1)

I'd also like to see the Gorn get the loincloths NPC's wear. Epic in their primitive brutality.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Commander Kruge's overcoat is not an overcoat. It is called a Battle Cloak. There are many variations of them. Take it from someone that dresses as a klingon and has many costumes. Also your correct we need more variety. Watch Star trek klingon on You Tube and you will see what i mean.
In real life we Klingon Costmers follow one simple rule "if it looks Klingon it can be Klingon!"
And there are many reasons for Klingons to have different styles of uniforms. Ones house may use different styles, Warriors from poorer areas of the empire may have to fashion their own uniforms or make do with what they can get and so on.

In the end you are correct we need more variations. Not everyone wears the imperial armor style.

Marok

Member of fangroups: Klingon Assault Group and Klingon Alliance international
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-03-2011, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessie5882 View Post
Commander Kruge's overcoat is not an overcoat. It is called a Battle Cloak. There are many variations of them. Take it from someone that dresses as a klingon and has many costumes. Also your correct we need more variety. Watch Star trek klingon on You Tube and you will see what i mean.
In real life we Klingon Costmers follow one simple rule "if it looks Klingon it can be Klingon!"
And there are many reasons for Klingons to have different styles of uniforms. Ones house may use different styles, Warriors from poorer areas of the empire may have to fashion their own uniforms or make do with what they can get and so on.

In the end you are correct we need more variations. Not everyone wears the imperial armor style.

Marok

Member of fangroups: Klingon Assault Group and Klingon Alliance international
I think for the most part the different terms referring to clothing come from the fact that many folks around here only know the shows and movies and little beyond that.
There are people like drkfrontiers and me who know all the old FASA stuff but for many around here it's probably something obsure.
I mean how many people think of the Disruptor as the "shake-it-till-it-falls-apart-tool"?
Probably only those who read the old FASA Klingon RPG module and its description what a Disruptor does.
So only people who dress up as yourself will probabaly know what most "KDF-dressers" (no offense, I just could not think of a better term) would call Kruge's Battle Cloak.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-03-2011, 10:56 PM
True enough, No offense taken. there are alot of us (old) warriors out there. Canon is important when it come to being Klingon.

Marok
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-05-2011, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessie5882 View Post
True enough, No offense taken. there are alot of us (old) warriors out there. Canon is important when it come to being Klingon.

Marok
Canon indeed.
But you are of course right to recognize the need for some creativity where canon is not available.
For example I stumbbled onto two interesting and in some areas similar rank insignia conceps:

http://www.housevampyr.com/main.php?...ampyrrank.html

http://www.ikvbloodlust.net/Ranks.htm

There are also several conflicting backgrounds, depending on the "era" one gets into stuff like the novels and what they tell about Klingon history and psychology...or what ships they use for that matter.
I guess to some extend fans will probably have to decide which version they wish to follow and take a creative leap from there.

The DS9 Technical manual for example gives an entirely different view on what the Disruptor does, explaining it's a buildup of particles contained in a focefiled until the particles become unstable and are release by an opening in the forcefield.
I guess that sounds way cooler than saying it's a highly advanced microwave-based weapon that (quite unlike the microwave ovens in our kitchens) can affect all kinds of materials equally well, not just hydrogen molecules.

But I must admit the old version was more useful when, as the Trek-nerd I am, I started to design my own KDF-toolbox for battlefield engineers.
An item among them is a small multi-purpose cutter/drill/welder that works the way FASA pictured it.
Depending on the intensity and focus of the beam, it can cut (high focus, high intensity), drill (high intensity, less focus) or weld (low intensity).
I think the first two are easy enough to imagine.
In weld-mode it destabilizes the molecules on the surface (or surcfaces) you want to weld and then you put them together.
When the effect wears off and the molecules reallign the surfaces fuse togetehr at the molecular level.
Much easier to imagine with something based on the old FASA stuff instead of some particle-stream thingy.:p

I realize I'm going a bit off topic here and I hope noone minds that too much.