Lt. Commander
# 11
07-03-2011, 05:20 PM
I signed up with Onlive like 2 years ago...not sure but it was when they were just starting. Anyways I was all amped bout using onlive then when I got to, I found out they would not allow wireless connections to play games.

I was so ****ed I cancelled my account. I found out you can use wireless with them now a few months back but the initial ****ed off ed ness is still with me. eff onlive.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Cloud gaming...wonder how long this fad is gonna last.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcnighthawk View Post
Cloud gaming...wonder how long this fad is gonna last.
Until a particular subset of conservatives in Congress gain enough support in their party and manage to kill net neutrality once and for all and it costs an extra $12 a month for your ISP to let you access gaming services.

Low buffer HD streaming capacity is there already, and control latency is now mainly limited by the fact that everyone in the US is either connected directly to an AT&T or AT&T leased line or has to go through an AT&T line to reach anyone else in the world.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
or you could, ya know...'work'
Who does that?... :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterArmaEnimSilentLeges View Post
They advertise a lot on YouTube. I can't watch a video without seeing an advertisement for this.
You can't watch a Youtube video without seeing an advertisement nowadays, period... Wasn't thrilled with being forced to make a gmail account I'll never use either... Buncha corporate sell-outs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Until a particular subset of conservatives in Congress gain enough support in their party and manage to kill net neutrality once and for all and it costs an extra $12 a month for your ISP to let you access gaming services.
They think we're hooked and can't live without the net so nickel and diming us for it would be the next logical step. The day this happens is either the day I leave the net, or the day I march myself down there to join the rest of the unruly mob that will surely result... I can, I have, and if necessary will do so again. It's all fun and games until the "untapped masses" burn your friggin' house to the ground. Figuratively as in your political party.

Thankfully, for now we've managed to dodge any bullet of that sort... If only by a margin of 3/2. See here: --> http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...trality-debate