Lt. Commander
Hi all,

I've started playing after a year or so and got a gamecard for 60 days. When i installed the game and wanted to start the story with my new character everything on the screen flashes. I tried about everything i coud find on the forum but nothing helps (turning down graphical settings, changing resolution, new drivers for my videocard,etc..)

Can anyone help with this problem?

I have a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 and STO is the only game i have troubles with
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-30-2011, 08:25 AM
Please make sure, that your drivers are up to date.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-30-2011, 09:11 AM
I already downloaded and installed the latest driver who are available but tjis didnt fix the problem
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-30-2011, 11:44 PM
It looks like i solved the problem when i removed Catalyst Control Centre from my system. After that no more problems...

Does anyone have any experience with this problem?
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-03-2011, 10:32 AM
This can be caused when you set some settings in the Advanced ATI Control Panel that also are set within the game. Always adjust your graphics settings in-game and not through the Catalyst Control Center when ever possible.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-25-2011, 11:19 PM
I have been having the same issue. But I redid all of the in game settings and I am still getting these lines and flashes. This is my first game like this, so i am not exactly sure what to do.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-05-2011, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duit28 View Post
Hi all,

I've started playing after a year or so and got a gamecard for 60 days. When i installed the game and wanted to start the story with my new character everything on the screen flashes. I tried about everything i coud find on the forum but nothing helps (turning down graphical settings, changing resolution, new drivers for my videocard,etc..)

Can anyone help with this problem?

I have a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 and STO is the only game i have troubles with
This sounds like a power supply problem. When you really task your video card, it needs a massive amount of wattage. How many watts is your computer's power supply?

Mine is 750 watts and I'd suggest you get one at least the same but if you check the specks on the video card's website it should tell you the minimum wattage power supply you need for it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-05-2011, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaNine
This sounds like a power supply problem. When you really task your video card, it needs a massive amount of wattage. How many watts is your computer's power supply?

Mine is 750 watts and I'd suggest you get one at least the same but if you check the specks on the video card's website it should tell you the minimum wattage power supply you need for it.
It's no a power supply issue... I have the same issue on a HD 4870x2 and I run 1200 w PSU... wich is 310 watts more than my system requires.

I think it is more the fact that STO was build for nVidia... theres been problems with ATI cards since launch.