Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
Hey everyone. I am coming to the forums with this question because tribble does not let a person try the ship out before you purchase them. I have points to buy a ship with and I was hopeing that those of you that have purchesed certain ships would let me know what you think about them. I have VA on all three careers so im looking for more of a just fun ship to use or is great in pvp. The ships I am looking at are the MV-Prometheus, the heavy cruiser refit Excelsior, the nebula class (seems with univeral slot this could be useful for any profession or am I wrong), and the vulcan ship.

My other question is what is the best ship for a va science officer that PVP's and runs STF's?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-05-2011, 07:44 AM
Nebula is a good support ship. I use the universal BOff slot for a Eng for added support abilities like Extend Shields on Emergency Power to (whatever)

the Vulcan ship, the lay out is similar to a Nebula in BO layout and it has that support ship that heals shields.

Honestly, go for the Nebula, it's got more hull points making it a true Science/Crusier hybrid, coupled with the natural bonus to shields Science gets and you got the makings of a decent tanker.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-05-2011, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Karrde
Nebula is a good support ship. I use the universal BOff slot for a Eng for added support abilities like Extend Shields on Emergency Power to (whatever)

the Vulcan ship, the lay out is similar to a Nebula in BO layout and it has that support ship that heals shields.

Honestly, go for the Nebula, it's got more hull points making it a true Science/Crusier hybrid, coupled with the natural bonus to shields Science gets and you got the makings of a decent tanker.
I couldn't agree more, the Nebula is by far my ship of choice for my Sci toon. I haven't used it yet with my ENG but I suppose it would make a decent ENG ship too.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-05-2011, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.E.Hunte
I couldn't agree more, the Nebula is by far my ship of choice for my Sci toon. I haven't used it yet with my ENG but I suppose it would make a decent ENG ship too.
I love the Nebula for her versatility. The universal slot allows you to take it more engineering, science, or tactical at will. I personally run it with a heavy crowd control build...most enemies don't move at all after the first shot is fired.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-05-2011, 11:20 AM
What about the Promethius and the vulcan ship
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Prometheus is about attack with some science loving. Even with the highish level science it can be somewhat lacking, although the pets are nice. I've never tried the vulcan ship except on the test server and it seems to be a less versitile nebula with a cute pet.