Lt. Commander
# 11
07-05-2011, 12:17 AM
which is why cap n hold is prolly the best pvp enviroment because it give you those things to fight for, thereby by introducing tactics, feints, scouting etc.

But then Im preaching to the choir here arent i?
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-05-2011, 12:57 AM
Nobody really cares about Capping anymore, pretty much you got those who fight for the sake of fighting and those who cap since they don't like to fight. And there certainly isn't any tactics. :p
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-05-2011, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon
klingons are a secondary storyline on star trek. like the romulans and vulcans, ect... star trek is the federations story. there is bound to be a content gap.
Really? If what you wrote is true, then what sense would have the all Star Trek universum. Come on, FED's needs antagonists. Without them Federation wouldn't be needed at all.

Permanent war between fractions FED / KDF / Romulans is what drives the storyline - not mention about PVP - "war is good for buisness".

As true fan of the Klingon faction, like many of my friends - I want more KDF content - new, good ships and locations. We also need Romulans - not in 10 years >>> NOW.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-05-2011, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrekfan View Post
Really? If what you wrote is true, then what sense would have the all Star Trek universum. Come on, FED's needs antagonists. Without them Federation wouldn't be needed at all.

Permanent war between fractions FED / KDF / Romulans is what drives the storyline - not mention about PVP - "war is good for buisness".

As true fan of the Klingon faction, like many of my friends - I want more KDF content - new, good ships and locations. We also need Romulans - not in 10 years >>> NOW.
yeah dude, but i did go on to say im way on your side with this one, and a huge fan of the klingon species and story....for pete sake ive even read a few novels....IKS Gorkon series, and another i think...and ive also been to 2 Klingon weddings....for Humans on Earth... (given they both had the same groom)

but i stand by my comment there, and you are right....they are one of the "bad guys" ONE of them.

i am proud to have my klingon trek fans be passionate about their faction, and that we have a Klingon side to play at all, hell i got a buddy who thinks if you aint Tal Shiar you aint crap, and he's griping about a Romulan Faction.... and another who lives as a damn Borg sometimes i think, he wants a Borg storyline so he can fly a Tactical Cube.

how big are we expecting this game to be tho? Another faction or two is definitely needed, but how long will that take? new content in this game leaks like a sieve, and we want it overflowing. ive been to a few conventions, there are fans of all species who i bet play this game all the time but dont pvp for a sec....and i bet they want more species and factions too.

also remember the peace times? cryptic could start and stop that stuff if they wanted to i think. remember in "all good things" or was it "times arrow" where picard was in a future where the Klingons took over Romulus and tensions were flaring again....nice. oh i think tthats the galX episode.

meh im rambling again, see you on the battlefield
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrekfan View Post
We also need Romulans - not in 10 years >>> NOW.
In the state of the game, coming up at least, I disagree with this statement. The game's PVP, and as a whole, would just divide the factions further, and make things worse, if Romulans were released as Player Faction this soon.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Romulans, but right now is not the time for the Romulans to make their Appearance as a Player based Faction. Although it would be cute if STO released them on 12-21-2012..
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Nobody really cares about Capping anymore, pretty much you got those who fight for the sake of fighting and those who cap since they don't like to fight. And there certainly isn't any tactics. :p
There are some that fight to fight and there are those that use tactics and know when its time to do the actual mission then inflating meaningless numbers for bragging rights. CnH done right can actually provide both. But usually it denegrates to a rolling "fed" ball that loses 1000 to nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Very True Cap. I hate getting into the furball, unless we started one trying to clear/secure a point. But thats just me

I'd like a few more maps for CnH myself.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdr_Parthos
Very True Cap. I hate getting into the furball, unless we started one trying to clear/secure a point. But thats just me

I'd like a few more maps for CnH myself.

The best map was the space assault map. It was nuked prematurely right now it would be the perfect hybrid of CnH and arenas. You can't really win via Fedball but you can pew pew also not to mention it requires strategy none of this let me fly around the outside of the map to avoid combat. It was sort of what we all want in the base control OPvP.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
There are some that fight to fight and there are those that use tactics and know when its time to do the actual mission then inflating meaningless numbers for bragging rights. CnH done right can actually provide both. But usually it denegrates to a rolling "fed" ball that loses 1000 to nothing.
And thats exactly what I mean. The fighters get into a furball and if one side is lucky it goes off in a direction that leaves the CAPs easy to take. But the worst are the zergers who blindlessly rush to the caps in making like it's important, but since winners and losers end up with the same reward, all it does is prolong the fight.

But to Cryptic, this is "fun".
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sesshomaru_ View Post
Its funny how i ask questions about PvP in the latest ask cryptic and if klingons were getting new Tier 5 ships and D Stahl basically said he is not answering my quesions cause they were abotu klingon PvP and content. But when one person asked about new federation ships he was quick to answer .

Hey thanks D Stahl for completely showing you dont care for the klingon faction threw lack of content and ignoring our faction players altogether. A big thank you to the ultimate PvE Fed CareBear D Stahl.
you cant expect every question to be answered, i've asked dozens over the last year and had one answered.

bottom line if there is no answer at the moment then it will not be answered, if there are other questions he'd rather answer it wont be answered and if you go around wining about how unfair it is... well it's not going to improve the chances of getting answered, probibly wont harm it but still have a little class
Closed Thread