Lt. Commander
# 421
07-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
There's a temporary hold on new screenshots until the madness associated with the first wave of Season 4 getting out the door subsides. I will see what I can do after that, though. In the meantime, be assured that the KDF side of it is perfectly abreast of the Federation development. Might want to start stockpiling commodities, though...
what the, you want me to level them, look after them, send them on dangerous mission to kill squirels and feed them, jeesh
Lt. Commander
# 422
07-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the reply Heretic!

With things like "Experimental Deflector" will these just give us rewards with quality based on success (Green success, blue super success) or will these actually be new or unique items that we couldn't get from a standard drop pool.

I guess a more simplified version of that would be; Are the rewards unique to the Assignment system or are they just pulled from standard loot tables?

Is there a chance of us seeing these experimental items offer perhaps upon a "Crit Success" a special unique that is part of a set with set bonuses that are only available through a Crit success on these various missions?

It'd be great to go into some desolate outpost and get an assignment that says "Volatile Eperiment - Deflector" and get an assignment with a high fail and crit fail rate that can give me a crit success reward with great advantages...something I could do say once a week...
Lt. Commander
# 423
07-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
Thanks for the reply Heretic!

With things like "Experimental Deflector" will these just give us rewards with quality based on success (Green success, blue super success) or will these actually be new or unique items that we couldn't get from a standard drop pool.

I guess a more simplified version of that would be; Are the rewards unique to the Assignment system or are they just pulled from standard loot tables?

Is there a chance of us seeing these experimental items offer perhaps upon a "Crit Success" a special unique that is part of a set with set bonuses that are only available through a Crit success on these various missions?
Ultimately, both.

Whether or not we can get unique set items in for launch of the system will depend a lot on timing, but even if that sort of thing isn't there then, it is in the plan to make that sort of thing for certain rare rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 424
07-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Heretic I am sure you have gotten to play around with this system on your own test servers, whats your fav part of the system as it stands now? What are you most looking forward to with the system in the future?
Lt. Commander
# 425
07-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Has there been any thought put toward offering some of the "small time" items from the Cstore as rewards? Perhaps a crit success in a Gamma Orionis sector assignment grants you a borg tribble? Pelia grants undine tribble?

Diplomats headed to Omega Leonis get a targ pet? Klink "diplomats" visiting vulcan get a sehlat pet? And vice versa of course.

Are there currently any sectors that don't/won't have assignments at launch? Are there plans to roll out assignments as they are made or perhaps flavored assignments with some featured episodes? Be cool to go to the Gamma Quadrant and get an assignment that rewards a jem'hadar modified polaron rifle or some such...

Schematics?
Lt. Commander
# 426
07-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Still don't have a firm date I can give you guys, unfortunately. Development here on the internals of the system is quickly getting resolved, however, and we really appreciate your patience, especially given that things have taken longer than we originally anticipated.
Dude. You've been informative as heck and are making something I think is going to be awesome. Keep us updated and I'll stay patient
Lt. Commander
# 427
07-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiejamieelliot1987
Heretic I am sure you have gotten to play around with this system on your own test servers, whats your fav part of the system as it stands now? What are you most looking forward to with the system in the future?
Systemically, probably the way the commendation category progression interacts with new assignments and rewards.

Specifically, the KDF Marauder assignments...there's just something strangely satisfying about plundering "scientific" outposts (come on, we both know you guys were doing weapons research there! ) for commodities and prisoners that can then be sent to forced labor camps on the frontiers.

I'm a bad man. Fortunately, I have long since come to terms with that fact.

As for looking forward, I really want to see the system thoroughly integrated with your ship interior and standard missions, ground and space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
Has there been any thought put toward offering some of the "small time" items from the Cstore as rewards? Perhaps a crit success in a Gamma Orionis sector assignment grants you a borg tribble? Pelia grants undine tribble?

Are there currently any sectors that don't/won't have assignments at launch? Are there plans to roll out assignments as they are made or perhaps flavored assignments with some featured episodes? Be cool to go to the Gamma Quadrant and get an assignment that rewards a jem'hadar modified polaron rifle or some such...

Schematics?
C-Store items as rewards probably aren't going to happen; it's a business thing. On the other hand, it is very much part of the plan to make sure that there are different but parallel rewards you can't get from C-Store at all.

For sectors without assignments at launch that we would like to have them for, I would really like to have some for the ground social zones like Starfleet Academy and Qo'noS, but at this point the timing may be tough to make that happen - if things go smoothly on Tribble...maybe.

Assignments will almost certainly be rolled out in tandem with featured episodes that specifically tie into those episodes. As for in between featured series, that probably depends on the timing and what else is happening on the schedule internally.

As for schematics, right now there is a KDF assignment where you can hack into Memory Alpha and get schematics as a reward; still need to come up with a Federation equivalent mechanic, but not sure yet the best one to use. Maybe something on the Exploration track that is archaelogically flavored.
Lt. Commander
# 428
07-05-2011, 11:59 PM
wait, please please please tell us your are going to give us kdf slave trading and bounty hunting and a use for the brig, if you do i will do your work for a year for free.

ow man the possibilitys, the marauder system, you send your doffs off to capture a renegade of the empire, they bring him back and put him in the brig, you go down and question him, you can take him to rora pentha or kill him on the spot, maybe he has a treasure map or the coords for a big fed secret base you never know the guy might be deadly and you allow him to join your crew as a doff depending on how hard it was to get them. or worse, sell them to the ferengi traders for a profit for a full brig and jucy rewards drooooooool

btw if your thinking of a fed varient for the kdf hacking mem alpha why not go with the voyager one where the kdf had created tech for her to go back in time. not a time machine but you could drop the equiv schem for doing it.
Lt. Commander
# 429
07-06-2011, 12:33 AM
Quote:
This has been brought up as a long term possibility, possibly incorporating a larger revamp of the combat crew meter mechanic on your ship. I think there is some potential in this.
This would be very interesting, though as you say, it does require a huge revamp first. As things stand, the crew meter goes down so quickly that it means that after the first engagement, all my Doffs would be in sickbay or dead, ending up with my not having the passives for the remainder of the fight and the immediate future.

I also like your "hacking in to Memory Alpha" assignment. I might actually end up doing a lot of these, since it's rather annoying to keep farming the lower level samples. You may actually make this into a very popular assignment!
Lt. Commander
# 430
07-06-2011, 12:55 AM
Quote:
As for schematics, right now there is a KDF assignment where you can hack into Memory Alpha and get schematics as a reward; still need to come up with a Federation equivalent mechanic, but not sure yet the best one to use. Maybe something on the Exploration track that is archaelogically flavored.
You could just give the feds a mission to steal them back