Lt. Commander
# 1 Gameplay Suggestion - Walking
06-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Probably a forlorn hope, but I thought I would suggest this anyway!

I know a lot of players, including myself, take the notion for some run of the mil role-playing. I think, being able to walk, instead of run would be able to add to this quite significantly.
Even something as simple as this, if it was included, would add an element towards less aggressive styles of gameplay and see a lot of players maybe taking a more relaxed attitude to their game.

I know (and it may sound silly) that I would like to walk around my bridge, and earth spacedock as we see NPC's doing. If NPC's do it, why can't we!

I would love to know what people think, it's a pretty small idea and maybe not worth much, but sure, cest la vie
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstagg
Probably a forlorn hope, but I thought I would suggest this anyway!

I know a lot of players, including myself, take the notion for some run of the mil role-playing. I think, being able to walk, instead of run would be able to add to this quite significantly.
Even something as simple as this, if it was included, would add an element towards less aggressive styles of gameplay and see a lot of players maybe taking a more relaxed attitude to their game.

I know (and it may sound silly) that I would like to walk around my bridge, and earth spacedock as we see NPC's doing. If NPC's do it, why can't we!

I would love to know what people think, it's a pretty small idea and maybe not worth much, but sure, cest la vie
You can walk, go to options, then go to key binds, find walk and select the key bind then you can toggle walk on and off (correct me if im wrong)
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-30-2011, 04:04 PM
Actually (as far as I know) you have to push the "walk-button" permanently to walk, so no "toggle", but imo thats enough
Lt. Commander
# 4 just so you know...
07-01-2011, 05:37 AM
Indeed, if you set the walk command inside the options currently available, you will have to hold down the button while walking. You can overcome this (turn it to an on/off toggle) using a command-line bind function, like this:

(in the chat/text box) Type:

/bind <key - no brackets> ++walk

ie: /bind : ++walk

I hope that helps. =)

Regards
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos5k
Indeed, if you set the walk command inside the options currently available, you will have to hold down the button while walking. You can overcome this (turn it to an on/off toggle) using a command-line bind function, like this:

(in the chat/text box) Type:

/bind <key - no brackets> ++walk

ie: /bind : ++walk

I hope that helps. =)

Regards
Sounds interesting I'll have to try it out. I've often wondered if there's a way.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-02-2011, 02:41 AM
Whenever I do this, my only problem is I don't walk like an NPC does, I do the assimilation waddle instead, which looks like I've been assimilated, or have assimilated the better part of a bottle of scotch.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-06-2011, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
looks like I've been assimilated, or have assimilated the better part of a bottle of scotch.
This has made my morning.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-06-2011, 08:42 AM
Typing /walk 1 will do the trick. /walk 0 to return to normal.