Lt. Commander
# 11
05-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Ahh...perhaps it is trying to bring up a window, but the resource for it is corrupted?

Are there any vendor or menu boxes you no longer ever see?

And, have you tried the 'force verify' option in the launcher?
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Go into your advanced power settings and see if your screen is set to dim after a certain period of time.

Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options

Set your power plan to high performance and then select change plan settings. Maqke sure sleep is disabled and click on change advance power settings. In there are some options to control how your system reacts to idling and such. Windows has been known in some cases to think it is idling during gameplay on the rare occasion. Go through all of the settings an dmameks ure your computer isn't entering a state that might cause this to happen. If you need more specifics, just say so and someone will more of a step by step.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-03-2011, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Ahh...perhaps it is trying to bring up a window, but the resource for it is corrupted?

Are there any vendor or menu boxes you no longer ever see?

And, have you tried the 'force verify' option in the launcher?
I'm not sure why it would be trying to bring a window up. As it will happen when there is no reason for a window to pop up, it will happen when I already have a window up.

Nope, as far as I can tell nothing has changed.

Yup, it was one of the earlier suggestions. Did it, no effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
Go into your advanced power settings and see if your screen is set to dim after a certain period of time.

Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options

Set your power plan to high performance and then select change plan settings. Maqke sure sleep is disabled and click on change advance power settings. In there are some options to control how your system reacts to idling and such. Windows has been known in some cases to think it is idling during gameplay on the rare occasion. Go through all of the settings an dmameks ure your computer isn't entering a state that might cause this to happen. If you need more specifics, just say so and someone will more of a step by step.
None of that should happen, as I leave my computer on all day and the only time anything odd happens is when this happens. I went into my power settings and all of that is set to 'Never' so it should have no reason to try and sleep.

Didn't think it was that anyway, since it only affects the game.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-03-2011, 11:29 AM
If I were you I'd try resetting the UI to default, press F12 and it should give you the command to reset to default. I'm guessing something got messed up like maybe a box got pushed off the screen.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-12-2011, 06:14 PM
Well I was just on my Fed Sci buying things off the exchange when suddenly my screen dimmed and I could not do anything except log out and leave the game.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-26-2011, 11:47 AM
I think I can say with confidence that it happens when ever I buy/sell/craft a lot of stuff, it just happened twice in a matter of minutes as I was crafting. Its like the game gets confused and stuck in the "dimmed" state.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-06-2011, 12:10 PM
This issue is still popping up on holodeck, though I have not experienced it on Tribble. So I can assume it has been fixed, either through deign or happenstance.