Lt. Commander
# 61
07-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebobkill View Post
Careful, don't assume you will get into Starfleet academy for free. To get to the captain's table, you get a special pass key unlock as a veteran or lifetime subsriber (both costing a committed amount of money).

I should probably shutup and stop giving them ideas....
I don't think you have to worry about that since the Captain's Table was made in spare time as a thank you to the lifers and then next to nobody uses the place. I doubt they will be doing anything like that again.

Now that I think about it, it's kinda funny that the only large piece of fluff content in the game you get for free is something everyone ignores.
Lt. Commander
# 62
07-04-2011, 05:38 AM
Cryptic made one mistake with the captains table.... the amount of menus and zoning you have to do to get there... it puts people off going there...

Another reason for the captains table turning into a ghost town is a lot of lifers dont play the game anymore.... The fleet im in was a lifer only fleet, we have probably around 100 lifers, and i can pretty much count with one hand the amount of people i see online over the course of a week... thats not a good sign if thats any indication of what the lifer population as a whole could be like.... (well cryptic will be rolling in it since they have the lifer money and not having to spend the bandwidth)

But i do remember the good old days of the captains table, when there would be liike 7 instances and such... And mokbara partys a plenty...... sigh
Lt. Commander
# 63
07-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meehee View Post
Cryptic made one mistake with the captains table.... the amount of menus and zoning you have to do to get there... it puts people off going there...

Another reason for the captains table turning into a ghost town is a lot of lifers dont play the game anymore.... The fleet im in was a lifer only fleet, we have probably around 100 lifers, and i can pretty much count with one hand the amount of people i see online over the course of a week... thats not a good sign if thats any indication of what the lifer population as a whole could be like.... (well cryptic will be rolling in it since they have the lifer money and not having to spend the bandwidth)

But i do remember the good old days of the captains table, when there would be liike 7 instances and such... And mokbara partys a plenty...... sigh
I always thought there should have been an extra transwarp power for anyone who was able to go.
Lt. Commander
# 64
07-04-2011, 06:30 PM
My main problem with all the uniforms going into the c-store is we aren't left with much to offer as fleet uniforms. All the "cool" uniforms need to be bought. For those of us who wanted our fleet "cadets" to wear the cadet uniform, that's just not going to be possible unless they buy it. Oh well its not like fleets keep people playing/ subbed or anything. oh wait.
Lt. Commander
# 65
07-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Um, I'm a lifer and I'm still playing, heh. I just don't go to the Captains table because there's nothing special to do there, and it doesn't even have the things to do on ESD currently.

Now back on the topic: Why am I not surprised the Cadet uniforms won't be part of the Academy being released.

Alright, so if we have to pay for it, I'd like to echo a previous posters statement to include the Cadet rank insignia we saw first on TNG. (And I reckon because of budget reasons, or the never-ending stupid writers/wardrobe losses, never re-used them for DS9 cadets)

Cadet First Class

I can't say anything for the KDF players though, but I'm sure there's some type of Cadet or Trainee sash/emblem that can be made non-canon wise and with no CBS liscensing restrictions from Cryptic to add for them as well.

It would be good/nice in a way, because I know a few fleets could use some on-uniform insignia for those that have players who are under the rank of Ensign, besides the Chief pip. So that kills two birds with one stone right there.
Just a thought, since having a cadet uniform should add something beyond a uniform design to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 66
07-05-2011, 01:08 PM
So the cadets start with basic sto uniform options, same as a VA and would have to buy his own cadet uniform?
lol, the only people we are going to see running around in cadet uniforms are VAs
Lt. Commander
# 67 Im my opinion
07-05-2011, 06:41 PM
I think that having the TOS Bundle was a bad idea. The V-Neck Wraparound wth Captain's Stripes should have been with the TOS Uniform Bundle, along with Medical. The real bundle should have been the bridge stuff and the phaser and shuttlecraft. Back on topic with stupid c store ideas. Cadet uniforms can be mimicked. Using NG, DS9 and TOS uniforms. So what cadets come after that?
Lt. Commander
# 68
07-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorra
Wow that seems really stupid I assumed we would start with them...
especially when they are coming out with a new tutorial and you are a cadet....I mean honestly thats like putting the next gen or ds9 uniforms in the Cstore...oh wait didnt they do that?

Im honestly not surprised, sad but not surprised. Wait for a sale is the best advice.
Lt. Commander
# 69
07-06-2011, 01:56 AM
As long as it doesn't look like footy pajamas: http://images.wikia.com/startrek/ima...es_T._Kirk.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 70
07-06-2011, 04:26 PM
(Posting off of reading page 1)

My best guess is that you'll have the standard cadet uniform in the new academy tutorial up till you finish the tutorial. Then, you switch over to your own custom duty uniform and the cadet uniform becomes a C-Store item.