Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 KDF favored in pvp
07-06-2011, 08:48 PM
So.. my only and final post.. shelving this game.. preping for the release of StarWars Old Republic in a few months..

As the subject says. I'm not going to get into a hub bub of technicalities.. suffice it to say.. abilities are favored by KDF.. faster turn rates for Bops, no amount of defensive debuff when not moving.. which is suppose to happen.. your a sitting duck so you should be going down in flames instead of sitting there like a rock just tanking.. If your given a buff for movement... you should suffer a debuff when your not.

The constant rapid fire.. there should be a longer cool down for that.. I mean come on there just is a never end of the brp brp brp brp brp.. and you whinners.. "Oh we have to fire in a straight line.." well whooppie like thats real hard to do.. NOT!!! The worst Klingon bop is the feds best escort...

Sure there are some top notch pvp fed fleets.. BUT!!!! they're not on every day.. and since everyone JUST LOVES to be stealthed and get that 10-15% buff when comming out of stealth.. which is crap.. Your comming out of stealth so your shields are down and SHOULD stay down until your out of stealth.. which means.. if I see you comming out of stealth and fire eight banks of beams at you.. Full on broadside.. the only thing I should see in my targets is Klingon shrapnel from exploeding ships. Not observe a klingon take eight banks of beams and not even break a sweat.

Having used a sci ship which is taughted as having the toughest shields ever.. (Thats BS) I've used every ability to keep my shields up.. I'm a science officer.. they still come down like butter.. so unless I can respec to engineer.. I suffer which I shouldn't because... as the game says.. I have the toughest shields operating a science vessel.. Which they should stand up to a bop in a 1v1.

In a cruiser vessel.. well again No Bop in a 1v1 should even be able to puncture through cruiser shields.. its a bigger stronger ship than the bop.. hell in a straight up fight.. show me what bop in any episode was ever a challenge to a cruiser class. You can't because it simply not suppose to happen. Yet in the game its allowed. That simply not acceptable.. a team of bops.. ok.. I accept. not 1v1.

I made changes, got better weapons.. the rare XI from farming emblems.. bla bla bla.. I have no better dmg against bops than I did before I alternated changes.. 8 banks (Broadside) against a bops shields.. those shields should just vanish.. gone.. instead.. its the other way around.. and thats just three banks of cannons.. against a cruiser.. sorry not suppose to happen.

At anyrate.. I'm out of here. this game is just too off target with pvp... Course the KDF players will say.. "Oh no its not its perfect.. you suck..bla bla bla" thats because their not dedicated fed players..
so enjoy your spam heavy one sided pvp.. I'm done with it. Sub cancelled.. game uninstalling.. cd's already bent in half and trashed..which is where this game should have gone a long time ago.
and I'm not going to miss a thing about it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
07-06-2011, 09:08 PM
for the record, if you're firing an 8-beam broadside (broadside in naval terms generally denotes firing all weapons on that side simultaneously) you're actually hurting your damage output, because firing multiple weapons at the same time imposes a power drain penalty (-10 for beams, etc) that is noted in the description for each weapon.

So, in effect, by firing broadside, you're actually doing less damage than is you cycled your weapons one at a time (which I realize is a pain in the ***).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
07-06-2011, 09:19 PM


Chill out, man. Blow some steam off. Then go and read the earlier threads you made. There were many good tidbits of info in them from other PvPers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
07-06-2011, 10:04 PM
I won't get into the details of the sillyness there.... have you ever Asked any of those invincible klink players for advise. lol
Really ASK for help... I will gladly go over your build with you from the ground up starting with your spec and such... I mean hell put 9 points in Defector field and Sci Fleet becomes a 30 second na na na boogie you can't kill me skill. lol

Honestly look me up in game and ask nicely, I can guarantee you that you will be much better afterward.... you still might get blowed up from time to time by one of those nasty bops that should explode when you look at them.. but hey you will do better....

OR rage quit... up to you man.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
07-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
I won't get into the details of the sillyness there.... have you ever Asked any of those invincible klink players for advise. lol
Really ASK for help... I will gladly go over your build with you from the ground up starting with your spec and such... I mean hell put 9 points in Defector field and Sci Fleet becomes a 30 second na na na boogie you can't kill me skill. lol

Honestly look me up in game and ask nicely, I can guarantee you that you will be much better afterward.... you still might get blowed up from time to time by one of those nasty bops that should explode when you look at them.. but hey you will do better....

OR rage quit... up to you man.
He's already made a thread like this before. So honestly, I wish him the best of luck in what ever venture he finds himself in.. and as always in these kinds of threads, Can I has ur stufs?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
07-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Aww one of my sources of free kills is leaving, how will i stat pad now
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
07-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raaven616 View Post
Having used a sci ship which is taughted as having the toughest shields ever.. (Thats BS) I've used every ability to keep my shields up.. I'm a science officer.. they still come down like butter.. so unless I can respec to engineer.. I suffer which I shouldn't because... as the game says.. I have the toughest shields operating a science vessel.. Which they should stand up to a bop in a 1v1.
I'm not one of the best PvPers out there but I can tell you it is pretty easy to survive the Alpha of one single BoP (or more depending on skill of the attacker) in a science ship. First very often you can see/hear them before they even start their attack (depends on the experience of your opponent). So you can activate your defense before he fires a single shot. Some even decide to search for easier prey. If a BoP finally attacks TT+EPtS is your best friend. It gives you enough time to react and counterattack. To be on the safe side you can also use Aux2Damp just in case the BoP is using PSW. Worst thing which can happen is if he is using SNB on your first line of defense. But you are in a Sci vessel... somewhere there should be a TSS or ST left.

Other powers which work against a single BoP are Jam Sensors (you can only shot what you see) and PSW. Both will give you time to bring back your defense or run.

For the record... while it is easy to defend I still have a problem killing them afterward. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
07-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Ahahahahaaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha.


pwnd.
Can i have ur stuff ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
07-07-2011, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseBox View Post
for the record, if you're firing an 8-beam broadside (broadside in naval terms generally denotes firing all weapons on that side simultaneously) you're actually hurting your damage output, because firing multiple weapons at the same time imposes a power drain penalty (-10 for beams, etc) that is noted in the description for each weapon.
Not if you run over 100 weapon power. And who doesn't if he goes into broadsiding?

Nagorak's DPS calculator is pretty nice for this.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
07-07-2011, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Not if you run over 100 weapon power. And who doesn't if he goes into broadsiding?

Nagorak's DPS calculator is pretty nice for this.
Well I kinda get the feeling this guy isn't really well optimized... and he is saying hes 8 bream broading then complaining about his sci ship ???
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:01 AM.