Lt. Commander
# 11
07-06-2011, 07:56 AM
I was looking through the designs that placed and there were a couple that looked really good, but the ones they picked in 2,3,4 really sucked, and the winning design *gag** it looks like a garbage Soverign-Galaxy-New Alt. Enterprise rolled into one sucky design. No sense of style at all or taste.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-06-2011, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_E_D_Allen89
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~WishStone
I know Cryptic posted their "official" reason for picking that one, but a lot of us believe that it's the only one that CBS signed off on so that what they had to go with.
Lt. Commander
# 13 Firefly9838
07-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly9838
If you dont want it , don`t bye it........!!!!!!!,

Some of us do want a Carrier ....
What you want, and what Cryptic is willing to give you are two entirely separate things. The "Class X should be a carrier!" calls are getting tedious. When will it sink in that there is no intention to create a carrier for the Federation side?

By all means keep banging your head against this virtual brick wall. Just don't expect to get anything other than a concussion for your efforts.

There is a simple solution though. If you want to play with a carrier then make a Klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 14 hmm
07-06-2011, 09:14 AM
I do not know where some of you get your measurements or space ship design aspect from but true aero space and engineering forms do not require that much room, all federation ships with the title cruiser can hold a good number of federation fighters. hell even the defiant has a shuttle. hell even the delta flyer had an escap pod. If you go on those examples then hmmm I would say about 20 fighters easycan fit on a galaxy class star ship which hold 1000 people. I hope some of you realize even 500 crew is alot of people you only need 100 to be on fighter duty round the clock. with different shifts.

To say the least the klingons are a warrior race. They thrive off war and mass numbers. it is only practical they would go to carriers and giving their warriors a chance to go out with a blaze of glory.

The federation hmmm not so much in a hurry to die. deploying fighters from a cruiser is meant to be a hit and run stratedgy to weaken a ship subsystems so that the big ship can deal heavy damage. you dont need alot you just need a good number in a certain place.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightErrant View Post
What you want, and what Cryptic is willing to give you are two entirely separate things. The "Class X should be a carrier!" calls are getting tedious. When will it sink in that there is no intention to create a carrier for the Federation side?

By all means keep banging your head against this virtual brick wall. Just don't expect to get anything other than a concussion for your efforts.

There is a simple solution though. If you want to play with a carrier then make a Klingon.
While I don't agree with your final conclusion (the Klingon part ) .. I am inclined to agree that the likely hood of seeing a Feddy Carrier is very slim. Frankly that does not bother me at all.... for now. Maybe if tier 6 or 7 ever comes about .... MAYBE.

IMHO if we had good heavy cruisers with better defensive weapons (ie: point defense phasers or "gatling" phasers that have shorter range BUT very STRONG and RAPID bursts ... ) that would be a good counter to "fighters" ...

(just my own opinion)
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-06-2011, 06:18 PM
There is one ship that's it's suiteble for a carrier and that it's the Jupiter Class. it's big, it's can hold atleast 15 constituion class ships.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Federation never used alot of fighters,those are a Marquis thing because they could'nt get their hands on real ship, and even then their fighters are just modified shuttles. The Feds get ships that split up into 2 or more vessels like on Next Generation or that episode of Voyager Andy **** ruined.
Lt. Commander
# 18 Another KDF Hate Post
07-06-2011, 07:50 PM
no, no, no, no, you suggesting that the Enterprise F should be a carrier is out of the line, it is said it might have universal console so what you are asking is a bit over powered and also when KDFs hear about this they are going to storm in here and start ranting on about how the Federeation is taking everthing away from the KDF so close thread and never use this thread ever again!
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-06-2011, 07:52 PM
For those who want the Ent-F as a Fed Carrier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Carriers
Some people love them, some people hate them. Some people think they are reasonable in the IP, some don't. For the forseeable future we do see a role for them to play in the KDF. Similarly, we do not currently have any plans to give carriers to the Federation.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-07-2011, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vchemist View Post
no, no, no, no, you suggesting that the Enterprise F should be a carrier is out of the line, it is said it might have universal console so what you are asking is a bit over powered and also when KDFs hear about this they are going to storm in here and start ranting on about how the Federeation is taking everthing away from the KDF so close thread and never use this thread ever again!
agree, and i play only fed. carriers should only be a klingon thing because feds get a heck of alot of awsome ships. enterprise F will most likley be a beast of a cruiser if its a endgame ship, where a carrier is a mix of science and engineering that lauch fighters to balance out low dps from lack of weapons. it balances out in the end. if you want fighters, just do a Vault run and equip the fighters to a multi vector or galaxy refit. thats sorta the same thing.