Lt. Commander
# 31
07-07-2011, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
To those of you posting "ha ha ha can i haz ur stuf?" Isn't the shrinking amount of players who PvP causing the PvP queues to be nearly empty? Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the empty queues and the long wait times between matches a real problem with PvP in STO now?

So when you "ha ha ha lrn2pla nub" and drive another person permanently away from PvP, aren't you shooting yourselves in the foot?

I'm just saying...
Herein lies the problem.

First, Isac, even after all the advice myself and many other pvp'ers gave him, still clings to his opinion that KDF = OP. Nothing will ever shake his opinion. Those of us who fly both factions and even the KDF only pilots are mistaken.

Now, you come in with "cut the guy a break, all of you are just saying L2P" We did try to teach him to learn to play, he just won't take it to heart.

To summarize:
1. Cryptic's made the game with extremely easy PvE, which many players leveled on. The jump to end level PvP can be quite jarring
1a. "That's not how it was in the shows!!!!!" Oh boy... then please go back to watching the episodes

2. The disgruntled pve'ers claim "klingons are OP!" instead of trying to learn the mechanics Cryptic implemented

3. We did tell him many many times how to learn to play. I personally took him to a private match and tried to explain buff stacking and resist caps. He's still railing against klingons

Sometimes "Learn to play!" is the only decent thing to say to someone who's been shown how to.
Lt. Commander
# 32
07-07-2011, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
Herein lies the problem.

First, Isac, even after all the advice myself and many other pvp'ers gave him, still clings to his opinion that KDF = OP. Nothing will ever shake his opinion. Those of us who fly both factions and even the KDF only pilots are mistaken.

Now, you come in with "cut the guy a break, all of you are just saying L2P" We did try to teach him to learn to play, he just won't take it to heart.

To summarize:
1. Cryptic's made the game with extremely easy PvE, which many players leveled on. The jump to end level PvP can be quite jarring
1a. "That's not how it was in the shows!!!!!" Oh boy... then please go back to watching the episodes

2. The disgruntled pve'ers claim "klingons are OP!" instead of trying to learn the mechanics Cryptic implemented

3. We did tell him many many times how to learn to play. I personally took him to a private match and tried to explain buff stacking and resist caps. He's still railing against klingons

Sometimes "Learn to play!" is the only decent thing to say to someone who's been shown how to.
Yep.. It's the reason he got my "Can I has u stuffs" response. There are just some people you can't teach. And he is one of those people. That and he has probobly just been trolling the entire time. So I hope what ever game he goes to next he has as hard of a time as this.. unless it's Hello Kitty Online.. :p
Lt. Commander
# 33
07-07-2011, 10:30 AM
While we'll be sorry to see you go, please understand that "I quit" threads are against the forum rules. They lead to spam, flaming/trolling and other unproductive interaction.

Be safe and we'll be happy to welcome you back!
Closed Thread