Indeed very shiney and cool.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Loving the new look. End-of-line.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-07-2011, 11:46 AM
yeah brilliant cstore update.... just about every menu in ESD has HUGE "buy item X" buttons.... the buy more costume slots button is bigger than the exit button for the tailor....

Cryptic just make the game F2P already... it practically is now......

Ohh and nice job with the inventory and bank space upgrades..... they are PER CHARACTER upgrades...... smooth.... very smooth.....
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-07-2011, 11:47 AM
the c-stores look very lovely now!!

and now it's time for the unhappiness...

320 AT for an Inventory expansion?!?!?!? FOR A SINGLE CHARACTER?!?!??!?!

At that price i would expect it to be account wide!

the 160 for bank expansion, single toon seems reasonable thou.

and I would also REALLY like to see a reciept system in place. Showing all purchases. account wide and single character. A Proof Of Purchase is The Standard when it comes to business afterall.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Dracon_Darknight View Post
Is it intentional that the Galaxy - X is no longer in the C-store?
Because that would arise the question how people who already have it can claim it for thir new RA + chars.
It's listed as a dreadnaught.

Like the new design of the store...like Champions Online.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
Like the new design of the store...like Champions Online.
Yep. It's got a Trek L&F, but it's definitely borrowed from Champions Online. There's nothing wrong with that though

That being said, there are some things missing, as PodSix mentioned:

Personnel > Uniforms:
  • Bajoran Uniforms
  • Sector 31 Uniforms

Personnel > All:
  • Tribble of Borg
  • Fluidic Space Tribble
  • Stahl Tribble

Misc > Emotes:
  • Khaaaaan!
  • Blood Wine

Misc:
  • Lirpa
  • Bat'leth
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Ya I was looking through the C-Store and didn't see the Dreadnought or the Excelsior..
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-07-2011, 12:10 PM
love or hate the store, the interface looks really nice. ive played other games with stores and they look terrible compared to what we have now.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-07-2011, 12:18 PM
I agree about the interface looking really nice. It looks very patterned on Champs which, again, brings to mind Free-to-Play or a Freemium model.

I'm hoping at this point that Cryptic investigates either FTP or integrates a way to get free points, as prominent as the C-Store has become.

I was on a site that does charitable donations for non-profits. They have an interesting model where they give you the option to watch ads and they donate something like 10-20 cents for every ad you watch. (You don't HAVE to watch any but they give you the option to raise credit that way.) If FTP isn't in STO's future, I'd ask that the folks at Cryptic investigate an option like that where we could get, say, 20 Cryptic points for each ad we choose to watch at the patcher screen. It seems to me like that would be one way to offset development costs without doing anything schlocky in-game and could utilize third party revenues for extra development instead of leaning on the players so hard.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I agree about the interface looking really nice. It looks very patterned on Champs which, again, brings to mind Free-to-Play or a Freemium model.

I'm hoping at this point that Cryptic investigates either FTP or integrates a way to get free points, as prominent as the C-Store has become.

I was on a site that does charitable donations for non-profits. They have an interesting model where they give you the option to watch ads and they donate something like 10-20 cents for every ad you watch. (You don't HAVE to watch any but they give you the option to raise credit that way.) If FTP isn't in STO's future, I'd ask that the folks at Cryptic investigate an option like that where we could get, say, 20 Cryptic points for each ad we choose to watch at the patcher screen. It seems to me like that would be one way to offset development costs without doing anything schlocky in-game and could utilize third party revenues for extra development instead of leaning on the players so hard.
I remember either hearing or reading that there will eventually be a way to turn emblems into Cryptic points.