Lt. Commander
I'm sorry I don't get why you changed the look of the Borg shields on the ships to make them look to make them look dull and like army drab.. Then to make it worse you put 2 bright green arrows with 4 red ones as to say here is the bridge on the saucer section of the Dreadnought!. All the rest of the Borg stuff stays the same nice color that it was, so why would you waste time on this when you could have been doing something productive! You have come so far to make this game what it is today and then you go backwards! WHY?

The Borg stuff to an Admiral is like a trophy and you just tossed mud on it and stepped on it! Well thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-07-2011, 12:52 PM
the ship designer is looking into this issue. It has to deal with certain video option settings and how the borg texture material bloom was setup. He hopes to figure this out and get it into a patch.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_ZZ View Post
I'm sorry I don't get why you changed the look of the Borg shields on the ships to make them look to make them look dull and like army drab.. Then to make it worse you put 2 bright green arrows with 4 red ones as to say here is the bridge on the saucer section of the Dreadnought!. All the rest of the Borg stuff stays the same nice color that it was, so why would you waste time on this when you could have been doing something productive! You have come so far to make this game what it is today and then you go backwards! WHY?

The Borg stuff to an Admiral is like a trophy and you just tossed mud on it and stepped on it! Well thanks!
This is an unintentional bug. I apologize. While we were addressing the issue of the aegis and borg materials 'flickering' there seems to have been an unintentional side effect concerning bloom.

Just to be sure, you are referring to the material effect on your player ship after equipping the Assimilated Regenerative Shield Array, correct?
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Dstahl, I also posted an issue about the Type 4 material on my defiant, I always used the second color to white to remove the black paintjob but now i cannot seem to make my ship smooth dark gray without dark black paintjob on it.

I hope this is also being looked into.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
Dstahl, I also posted an issue about the Type 4 material on my defiant, I always used the second color to white to remove the black paintjob but now i cannot seem to make my ship smooth dark gray without dark black paintjob on it.

I hope this is also being looked into.
Can you post a screen shot of this? I'll look in to it.

*edit* if not, don't worry I'll still look in to it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
Can you post a screen shot of this? I'll look in to it.

*edit* if not, don't worry I'll still look in to it.

Ofcourse I gladly want to show it to you.

http://zeta-aquilae.net/Test/Bugged.png

Here you can see the ship how it is now, normally i always used the white colors (primary and secondary) to fully smoothen out my ship so all colors match, but now the points that I show you here are still dark and visible somehow.

Its no emergency bug but I hope it is being resolved and looked into
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Ofcourse I gladly want to show it to you.

http://zeta-aquilae.net/Test/Bugged.png

Here you can see the ship how it is now, normally i always used the white colors (primary and secondary) to fully smoothen out my ship so all colors match, but now the points that I show you here are still dark and visible somehow.

Its no emergency bug but I hope it is being resolved and looked into
Has it been a while since you've used your Defiant? Or perhaps has it been a while since you visited the Ship Tailor?

I ask because about 6... maybe 8 months ago, there was a change made in the way patterns were applied over ship materials. Previously, the colors were 'added' to the color of the material, giving you an exact color match to the color picker. It was decided that this took away from the desired effect that our team was going for, because it completely covered over the top of the material, obscuring the normal maps, panel detals on the material, etc. To get around this "problem", we changed the way the material behaves by instead of "adding" the color to the top of the material, it now "multiplies" it, making the colors underneath show through more.

This, of course, completely alters the way "white" works now, by making it completely transparent.

I understand that this would have given your Defiant a very cool and unique look, and I think the pure white paneling would look very cool.
Sadly, I will not be able to revert these changes in order to give you your old look back, and I apologize. I hope the fact that I was able to explain to you how, and why this change was made will soften the disappointment.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Uhm. I flew my defiant yesterday and it was totally different. Total smooth colored. Dark gray.

But i dont think you understand (respectively) I used the white color to only remove the Dark patterns that show now. Not to make it white. (It actually removed that black pattern you see now)
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Concerning the Borg texture... I'm having a hard time replicating this problem. Is there consensus in-game that it is broken or is it isolated to just a few players?

I've only had one other player notify me of this problem, and considering how many people have the borg set, I figured there would be a huge number of people posting this bug.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Uhm. I flew my defiant yesterday and it was totally different. Total smooth colored. Dark gray.

But i dont think you understand (respectively) I used the white color to only remove the Dark patterns that show now. Not to make it white. (It actually removed that black pattern you see now)
This is unusual.

With season 4 we have changed the material templates to use a new Normal Map compression algorithm and added a color specular map to them as well, perhaps this new shader is complicating the way patterns affect parts.

I'll look in to this soon. My schedule is compacted with creating new content, and considering the nature of this bug I may not have the hours it will take to investigate it fully until a later time.

I am able to achieve identical results to your screenshot, so I'll see if I can duplicate this on an olderversion of the game.

Thanks