Lt. Commander
# 1131
07-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Hey Black its Dodge. I actually need your help on something here and I suspect its something you're interested in as well.

I have 2 Gorn captains, and on your advice I saved a few costume slots utilizing their old look before the gorn appearances changed. I love the way the old Gorn style looked TOS-seriesish. These new Gorn are fantastic though. So here's my question. First off are you going to do a Guide on Gorn uniforms, colors, etc. Secondly, I found the patch notes a little unclear regarding the new Gorn costume options. If I leave alone my old costume slots, and work on the vacant ones using the new Gorn style, will that overwrite the look on what I consider my TOS gorn appearance? In essence will I be able to have a Gorn with both looks, based on swapping things out.

Help on this will be much appreciated, and I'm sure plenty of people want to know (including you).
Lt. Commander
# 1132
07-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_81 View Post
Great job with those, sir! I'm particularly glad to see the female TOS variants have their guides now! Brilliant and thanks!
Thanks, Alan! I'm glad you like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamato
Hey, Black, I have a bit of a request for you.

This isn't a request for any new Uniform Types (you're doing great on that front as is).

You see, when I'm using your guides to design a character's uniform, it's somewhat time consuming for me because I only have one screen on my computer. So, I need to switch between STO and my Web Browser several times to make sure I have all the details right. I make it work, but I've always thought that there's an easier way out there...

And just recently, I got an MP3 Player for my Birthday--which allows me to view pictures if I want. And I recently just realized the solution lies in that MP3 Player (a Sony Walkman, to be specific). I can download the pictures to the computer, and then transfer those pictures into the Walkman.

However, it can be even more tedius to download all the images I want to be able to access--and that's where the request comes in.

Could you arrange your Uniform Images into File Folders based on Sets (Set A, Set B, Jupiter, TOS, TOS Movies, TNG/DS9/VOY, Bajoran, etc.), compress those folders and put them on a File Sharing Site like MegaUpload or RapidShare, and then provide us links to go to those sites?

It'd definitely make things a lot easier for those of us who use your guides.
Though it is a rather daunting task with the mass of guides I have created, I will definitely look into that for you.

Lt. Commander
# 1133
07-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Though it is a rather daunting task with the mass of guides I have created, I will definitely look into that for you.

Thanks.

And feel free to organize it either by Uniform or by Set, whichever would work better for you.
Lt. Commander
# 1134
07-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeHopper View Post
Hey Black its Dodge. I actually need your help on something here and I suspect its something you're interested in as well.

I have 2 Gorn captains, and on your advice I saved a few costume slots utilizing their old look before the gorn appearances changed. I love the way the old Gorn style looked TOS-seriesish. These new Gorn are fantastic though. So here's my question. First off are you going to do a Guide on Gorn uniforms, colors, etc. Secondly, I found the patch notes a little unclear regarding the new Gorn costume options. If I leave alone my old costume slots, and work on the vacant ones using the new Gorn style, will that overwrite the look on what I consider my TOS gorn appearance? In essence will I be able to have a Gorn with both looks, based on swapping things out.

Help on this will be much appreciated, and I'm sure plenty of people want to know (including you).
Hey, Dodge.

Yes, I plan on doing some Gorn guides. You can look forward to them in the coming weeks. I also plan to update the current guides with the necessary changes (adding correct badges and whatnot). Currently I am having some issues with the game that may slow down my progress, but I will try to work through it.

And yes, If you do not Modify the slots you have currently set then you can save the old Gorn look on all of your current slots. Changes made on any new slots will not affect them.

Lt. Commander
# 1135
07-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Hey, Black, I have a bit of a request for you.

This isn't a request for any new Uniform Types (you're doing great on that front as is).

You see, when I'm using your guides to design a character's uniform, it's somewhat time consuming for me because I only have one screen on my computer. So, I need to switch between STO and my Web Browser several times to make sure I have all the details right. I make it work, but I've always thought that there's an easier way out there...

And just recently, I got an MP3 Player for my Birthday--which allows me to view pictures if I want. And I recently just realized the solution lies in that MP3 Player (a Sony Walkman, to be specific). I can download the pictures to the computer, and then transfer those pictures into the Walkman.

However, it can be even more tedius to download all the images I want to be able to access--and that's where the request comes in.

Could you arrange your Uniform Images into File Folders based on Sets (Set A, Set B, Jupiter, TOS, TOS Movies, TNG/DS9/VOY, Bajoran, etc.), compress those folders and put them on a File Sharing Site like MegaUpload or RapidShare, and then provide us links to go to those sites?

It'd definitely make things a lot easier for those of us who use your guides.
Quote:

Anything you can do, Black, if you can. I tried printing out some of your guides some time ago to save all that switching between the game and web browser aggro. Unfortunately I found another problem: they're real ink vampires I can tell ya. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 1136
07-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_81 View Post
Anything you can do, Black, if you can. I tried printing out some of your guides some time ago to save all that switching between the game and web browser aggro. Unfortunately I found another problem: they're real ink vampires I can tell ya. LOL
That's why an MP3 Player/iPod is the perfect solution. Sure, the pictures might be a bit... small, but at least they are completely separate from the computer you're playing STO on.
Lt. Commander
# 1137
07-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Quote:
That's why an MP3 Player/iPod is the perfect solution. Sure, the pictures might be a bit... small, but at least they are completely separate from the computer you're playing STO on.
Not a bad idea at all.

Ah! Brainwave! I've got a digital photo frame. If I saved Black's SF uniform guides on to a memory pen and plugged it in to my frame...problem solved.
Lt. Commander
# 1138
07-09-2011, 05:24 AM
Actually, not to spoil the idea, but here's a notion...with the dawn of Season 4, and colors now having absolute number/letter references, the Guides no longer need to be images at all. Sure, there can be a reference image, but for simplicity's sake, a guide can be:

Jacket: Jupiter 3 (A7, C19, G22, F10)
etc. for each part in the costume.

This would make it easier to use the guide (no more "let's count how many boxes from left, and how many from top), and it would take up a heck of a lot less room; you could save the text without saving an image file.
Lt. Commander
# 1139
07-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerngeek View Post
Actually, not to spoil the idea, but here's a notion...with the dawn of Season 4, and colors now having absolute number/letter references, the Guides no longer need to be images at all. Sure, there can be a reference image, but for simplicity's sake, a guide can be:

This would make it easier to use the guide (no more "let's count how many boxes from left, and how many from top), and it would take up a heck of a lot less room; you could save the text without saving an image file.
You are correct, there is no longer a need for the color charts and pointers at all. Though it will take me some time (nearly 300 guides to update) I do plan on restructuring the guides to be more compact using the new code references.

Lt. Commander
# 1140
07-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerngeek View Post

Quote:
You are correct, there is no longer a need for the color charts and pointers at all. Though it will take me some time (nearly 300 guides to update) I do plan on restructuring the guides to be more compact using the new code references.

Cool, guys, cool. Whatever can be figured out with that I'm sure will be incredibly helpful.

And nearly 300 guides? Wow! Has it really been that many? Black, you are truly awesome man! Cheers!