Lt. Commander
# 11
07-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_Mudd
Go into Edit HUD mode. Put your mouse cursor on the right edge of the BOFF bar and drag it wayyyyyy out to the right. When it's wide enough, you'll have a single row again.
Thank you for posting a workaround, I'll see about changing the default width of the BOFF bar so that it's one row and not two by default.

That said this is not an issue related to the fonts.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
THANK YOU !!!!!!

(damn devs......next time let us know will ya)
From the patch notes:

Quote:
UI
  • The power tray in space now has a fourth mode which provides a 3 row block of power slots plus the existing bridge officer powers tray at the same time.
  • It's now possible to resize the bridge officer tray cell and the bridge officers will wrap to the width of the cells.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedMirage
Can someone please take a screenshot of the font change you are seeing? I'll be on the live server looking for any font changes that may have slipped through the cracks but I need your help to expedite the process.

Thanks!
Here is a screenshot I took today on Holodeck, that I posted in another thread. See how the button text is so big now that it takes up two lines? I'm referring to the Transwarp to Gamma Orionis button. Also, look at the font size of the mission tracker.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-07-2011, 02:41 PM
It's as if all of the writing pre-season 4 was written in normal font like this, and after the patch (and also on tribble before today) the writing and lettering is now in bold like so, also a little lareger too.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Go into Edit HUD mode. Put your mouse cursor on the right edge of the BOFF bar and drag it wayyyyyy out to the right. When it's wide enough, you'll have a single row again.
Yeah, this works, but the bridge officers are now right-justified (pressed as far right on the screen as they'll go), leaving a big empty space on their left side and that offsets them from the power bars awkwardly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsta
It's as if all of the writing pre-season 4 was written in normal font like this, and after the patch (and also on tribble before today) the writing and lettering is now in bold like so, also a little lareger too.
That's a pretty accurate representation of the change.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chookhlo View Post
Yeah, this works, but the bridge officers are now right-justified (pressed as far right on the screen as they'll go), leaving a big empty space on their left side and that offsets them from the power bars awkwardly.
In that case, I recommend shifting the bar itself to the left until it has the spacing you desire. Having (the non-displaying) part of the bar overlapped by another HUD element shouldn't be a problem, but let us know if it is.

And craigsta covers my sense of the font change pretty well. (I haven't had a chance to get on Live yet today, but I noticed it immediately and every time since when logging into Tribble.)
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Can someone please take a screenshot of the font change you are seeing? I'll be on the live server looking for any font changes that may have slipped through the cracks but I need your help to expedite the process.

Thanks!
heres some shots of the font changes, I posted them on our fleet website.
http://starfleetops.com/fleet-news/n...-devs-to-view/

one of those pics shows how the character/ship titles lay over my ship. It does the same thing over other objects like ESD.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-08-2011, 03:01 AM
Quote:
In that case, I recommend shifting the bar itself to the left until it has the spacing you desire. Having (the non-displaying) part of the bar overlapped by another HUD element shouldn't be a problem, but let us know if it is.

D'oh! Don't know why I didn't think of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ID-Dang
heres some shots of the font changes, I posted them on our fleet website.
http://starfleetops.com/fleet-news/n...-devs-to-view/

one of those pics shows how the character/ship titles lay over my ship. It does the same thing over other objects like ESD.
It might be helpful to the devs if you have any "before" shots for comparison - (the fonts might have been displaying differently internally than they have for us end users for some reason). I tried to find some to post, but it looks like I turned my hud off for screenshots a long time ago, so I don't really have anything handy
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-08-2011, 11:37 AM
It might be helpful to the devs if you have any "before" shots for comparison - (the fonts might have been displaying differently internally than they have for us end users for some reason). I tried to find some to post, but it looks like I turned my hud off for screenshots a long time ago, so I don't really have anything handy[/quote]

Yea, I dont have any before shots. Does anyone else have any for good comparison?
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Quote:

Thanks!
I guess you missed the thread where you originally asked this, so I'll post the picture link here as well. It's an animated gif to show the changes:

http://postimage.org/image/1h2v9tdd0/full/

Edit: That's before shots from holodeck pre-s4, and after shots from tribble before s4. Holo now is virtually the same except mission tracker is fixed.