07-07-2011, 09:03 PM
"When it's done" ... used by most Software Developers
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thutmosis
"When it's done" ... used by most Software Developers
Nothing is ever "done" in MMOs. The ground combat revamp over a year after launch is a prime example of that.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-07-2011, 09:45 PM
I've already played the first episode in the next Feature series this week, so it really just boils down to getting the rest of the series ready to go and polished, vo added, etc...

Same thing with the Borg. I've been watching the Borg DSE testing and we are midway through map design on the ground invasion, and starting in on missions and critter placement.

There's also other content outside the Borg Invasion and Feature Series.

We have two new ground fleet actions in the works as well. The maps are done on those, and just waiting for content placement and testing time.

The team is working at full steam and we really are trying to get you new content as fast as possible in addition to the monsterous code update that Season 4 is.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-07-2011, 09:54 PM
VO? Please say that we are finally going to have the Borg do their classic line:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyenR...eature=related
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-07-2011, 11:36 PM
Yes please bring back the iconic Borg speech.

And while you are at it a revamp of the space Borgs would be nice too... but thats for another thread.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-08-2011, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
I've already played the first episode in the next Feature series this week
no need to rub it in
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-08-2011, 01:20 AM
Quote:
I've already played the first episode in the next Feature series this week, so it really just boils down to getting the rest of the series ready to go and polished, vo added, etc...
Forgive me for asking this, but:

Shouldn't the 5-episode "Feature Episode" arc have been ready to go directly at Season 4 launch? I'm curious as to how long of a wait there will be between "Season 4 launch", and the "first actual content since the end of the Romulan-arc".

Cancelled my subscription a few weeks after the end of 'Cloaked Intentions', primarily due to lack of Cryptic-made content. Renewed my subscription when Season 4 first went to Tribble, and now that the patch is on Holodeck, there is absolutely ZERO new mission content available. In "Zone Chat", I basically get told to go play Foundry missions (which obviously ain't the same thing as Cryptic-made content. And if I didn't want to play Foundry missions, I was told to "leave". Certainly helps the motivation to play the game, right?
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-08-2011, 02:07 AM
Quote:

Same thing with the Borg. I've been watching the Borg DSE testing and we are midway through map design on the ground invasion, and starting in on missions and critter placement.

There's also other content outside the Borg Invasion and Feature Series.

We have two new ground fleet actions in the works as well. The maps are done on those, and just waiting for content placement and testing time.

The team is working at full steam and we really are trying to get you new content as fast as possible in addition to the monsterous code update that Season 4 is.
I would love to see the Borg assimilating some NPC's in the back group with animations that would be cool!
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-08-2011, 02:27 AM
jeez slow down!
I still have to setup new Keybinds and power bars for 4 (of 7) chars ;P

next week would be fine with me
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-08-2011, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
Forgive me for asking this, but:

Shouldn't the 5-episode "Feature Episode" arc have been ready to go directly at Season 4 launch? I'm curious as to how long of a wait there will be between "Season 4 launch", and the "first actual content since the end of the Romulan-arc".

Cancelled my subscription a few weeks after the end of 'Cloaked Intentions', primarily due to lack of Cryptic-made content. Renewed my subscription when Season 4 first went to Tribble, and now that the patch is on Holodeck, there is absolutely ZERO new mission content available. In "Zone Chat", I basically get told to go play Foundry missions (which obviously ain't the same thing as Cryptic-made content. And if I didn't want to play Foundry missions, I was told to "leave". Certainly helps the motivation to play the game, right?
Have you ever tried to play a foundry mission? I mean, if you dismiss it without even taking a peak you truly miss out on some stuff that in some aspects is even cooler then Cryptic missions.
Sure, they are limited from a technical perspectiv, but the creativity is amazing.
Go to the foundry mission forum to get som pointers on which missions to try out.
Granted there is a bit of junk to sift through, but you can look for specific missions and if you know which ones, it takes about all of 3 seconds to pick them up.

There is enough high quality entertainment in the foundry to keep you happy for months if you'd play them at the pace of Featured Episodes.