Lt. Commander
# 91
07-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Exactly Mikey you have almost no control at all over it there for IMHO (keep in mind I'm a klink) its spam.. and shouldn't be in PvP... however it is. So your right adjust or suck it up.

I am fine with them killing all carrier spam... and replacing it with 1 or 2 pets that have CONTROL options. Other games that have a pet class have rudimentary controls over there pets... things like Attack / Disengage... some games even give the pets limited abilities which the player can trigger... if YOU had control over the pets behaviour NO ONE could argue that it was spam anymore. The carrier pilot should control when a bop pet cloaks... or engages CRF... or HY 1... Or uses Aceton... or drops a Tric Mine. The lack of control over pets for a pet class in ANY game MMO or Not is ridiculous... to think Cryptic has gotten away with that for a year and a half is crazy.

If they added a proper pet control interface... they could even dream up cool new pets... what about a pet that had very limited weapons... and a copy of engi team / hazards / or TSS that could be cast on the mothership when called for. How about a mini Klink Sci Bop... call it the Brel pet... that had a couple weak sci powers that would show up in that pet control interface. Lost op that is the Cryptic motto with carrier design.

Cryptic could have made the pet classes COOL and non spammy... however right now its just plain spam.
1 or 2 pets? Then a carrier would be useless. We do no dps and need our pets. And also there is enough things to control than having to worry about my pets buffs and debuffs. Your sounding like a fed Qaw. Once again, Mines are spam, They sit there and do nothing. Bops arnt spam.
Lt. Commander
# 92
07-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey22805
1 or 2 pets? Then a carrier would be useless. We do no dps and need our pets. And also there is enough things to control than having to worry about my pets buffs and debuffs. Your sounding like a fed Qaw. Once again, Mines are spam, They sit there and do nothing. Bops arnt spam.
Anything YOU don't control is spam... sorry Mikey.

And honestly give me a carrier where I can control 2 decloaking RF / HY bops... and I doubt you would be thinking that DPS didn't hurt.

Toe joes your favs are Spam plain and simple.

The Carrier is pretty much the klink zombie cruiser... its WAY to easy to play. (I am not saying its a good ship I consider it a flying coffin) However a pet class SHOULD be harder to control... it SHOULD be harder to master... right now its the same thing as loading 8 beams on an engi cruiser so you can web surf and play.

I never said a carrier shouldn't have pets... I said you should be able to control them... imagine a carrier pilot setting up an ambush on that defiant that just decided he had the drop on a carrier... only to discover the carrier tractors and disables him... and 2 BOP pets decloak aft and use RF and HY 1 to Pop him like a zit.
Or you can continue to defend a ship that has to keep moving so that its pets don't dock... the trail of spam following him around while he rotates his heals. lol Carrier is a spam boat plain and simple... mines are spammy too... they both need a reduction... mines should drop one at a time and mean something and get a stealth factor... pets should have more control... and if you can't handle the difficulty you should fly your cruiser. lol
Lt. Commander
# 93
07-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey22805
Nonsense. The number of pets doesn't tell us if it would ake your Carrier useless. For all you know, these two pets deal the same damage as a fully buffed Heg'Ta BoP and have the same hit points as a fully buffed Star Cruiser.

Obviously they won't be that good but less pets is no problem if the pets are getting better, and that's the idea, apparently.

I would prefer if "pets" would be just turned into fancy animations. Or at least a single fighter group was just one ship with a particularly "interesting" visual model looking like 3-4 pets, with combined hit points and firepower of one. (That would actually be an improvement to now, as it now takes longer until a pet is destroyed, and area effects would deal less effective damage to the "group.)
Lt. Commander
# 94
07-08-2011, 08:47 AM
Gotta wonder how this meshes with the people pushing for Fed Carriers.

We want more AI Spam!

Huzzah?

I think the root might be in the need for some extra targeting controls. So the player can target the enemy players while skipping the AI ships.

If it is just that people don't want AI ships in the area...well...that means the removal of the entire Carrier line of ships. I'm not really attached to them, so I don't care one way or the other. However, do consider that this would mean removing an entire category of ships, and then think about whether Cryptic is willing to do that with its assets.
Lt. Commander
# 95
07-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
Gotta wonder how this meshes with the people pushing for Fed Carriers.
Not well, obviously. But most people that as for Fed Carriers ask for it because they don't know the real sucky experience it offers.

Less Spam, better pet control. That has to be the ultimate goal to fix Carriers.

(To conform to my personal Startrek prferences, Carriers would need to go entirely, but that won't happen, so I demand these - if they already hurt my ability to pretend the game world represents the world of Startrek - to provide a decent gameplay experience for everyone.)
Lt. Commander
# 96
06-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Less Spam, better pet control. That has to be the ultimate goal to fix Carriers.
As a Science Officer in command of a Carrier, I concur with this statement.
Lt. Commander
# 97
06-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Bad necromancer bad!

*shoots thread in the head*

I have to admit though, one year later there is quite a delicious irony in this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 98
06-09-2012, 09:59 PM
walker.....
Lt. Commander
# 99
06-10-2012, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon
walker.....
At least on this topic, my opinion hasn't changed much. Less Spam, more Control. And we actually got more control, but I think it's still insufficient, and especially to fix the "unfun" elements, there could be more.

But better not talk about this here. The Zombies could hear us.
Lt. Commander
# 100
06-10-2012, 04:23 AM
I was looking at some of the posters history most have been inactive for 6 months or more. Still too much pve in PvP. Filter HUD helps a bit though.

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/a...l-basement.jpg