Sorry to see you go.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-08-2011, 11:45 AM
I smell something...
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Be well old warrior. We, Klingons, salute and shall miss our battles with you and yours.

Qa'pla Meg'ti'Hous Honored Foe.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-08-2011, 12:10 PM
The fonts can look bad in some scenarios, but they are ok. If you're getting blurry visuals it sounds like you have some sort of eye problems. I used to get eye strain and residual visuals back when I used to use an old 13.5" CRT Monitor with uneven lighting. Switching to a proper monitor fixed my issues. Now I have to turn my LCD to low settings because they are so bright nowadays.
Lt. Commander
# 15 interesting
07-08-2011, 12:42 PM
while the op message is long, some of the mention attributes are not good.

Yes a bad loading screen. while cute in idea bad in real life. the screen does get blurry but i dont get headaches. Cryptic has not learned from what a majority of players have expressed to them. get ride of the useless attributes and get more into trek. loading screens still. WTF. That came with a disk. if my PS3 can load a game while i play it so can you.

lcars laoding screen does nothing to interest us and it distracts away from reading the info you place at the bottom corner. if you wish to show something then show pictures of what you are talking about. just a thought.

since its evident you can show motion in screens then you might want to go with the flow of things. for instance

if i am going into a system. well then a scene of me going into the system would go with the flavor.
if i am docking at a station then a motion capture of me going into the station should be show.

if a screen is laoding then such screen should represent where i am loading to and not some half thought up idea which really is tasteless and useless in all means.

lastly did any of you fellow customers get asked about this new screen? did any of you customers see a post or mention about a lcars loading screen?
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashbang
Hi, long time reader, first time poster.

Before I start, I have played BETA on other games, and have never seen such bugs ever.
Stopped right there as I too have beta a lot of MMOs since 1999 - and if you:

Quote:
have never seen such bugs ever
Then I think you might have been in another beta mayb once. Betas and games that had WAY WORSE bugs in their first 18 mionths that I beta tested:

Anarchy Online (This MMO still holds the dishonor even today - of having the worst launch in any MMOs history. On launch day none of the Mission Terminals worked, nor could you end up in the same tutorial zone instances with a friend you were playing.)

Star Wars Galaxies (Thry hadn't even been able to keep a single server up for more than 12 hours without a full reboot at launch and for weeks after. Also, as a Star Wars fan to a degree, I never knew Star Wars was all about Crafting items and decerating your in-game house - or dancing for hours at an in game bar for stuff. )

World of ******** (The "loot lag" bug persisted for 2 years post their launch and caused many a death." Then there were the server synch bugs where a character would 'loose synch' with the server and could see, but not interact with other characters, but said characters couldn't see him.)

Age of Conan (I hear after about 2 years after launch things started to turn around as far as game mechanics were concerned - and fully working DX10 support made it in just about the time DX 11 hit)

I've yet to play an MMO that didn't have bugs that unfortunately persist throughout its development span and lifecyte; but STO is hardly the worst in that regard by any stretch. But hety, Hyperbole grabs peoples attention.

Anyhow good luck in finding a bug free MMO you enjoy (I doubt a bug free MMO exists; but hey, you never know.)
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-08-2011, 12:44 PM
We'll be sorry to see you go and I hope you'll come back some time when you feel the call of space.

However, "I Quit" postings are not allowed on the forums and so I will need to close up here.
Closed Thread