Lt. Commander
# 51
07-08-2011, 02:03 PM
This is really very disappointing.
Lt. Commander
# 52
07-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Wow, from everything I've read on these forums (haven't been in-game yet), this seems worse than the Season 2 debacle last summer. I know bugs are part of software, but really, every damn time we have a Season patch, bugs that are on the tribble server for weeks are pushed to holodeck. It's almost as if they don't pay any attention to player feedback with regards to bugs. Sigh...I guess I'll wait for the next patch...
Lt. Commander
# 53
07-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
This is really very disappointing.
your signature is really good tbh.
Lt. Commander
# 54
07-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thamupp View Post
your signature is really good tbh.
I agree, + 10 internetz to you Hale
Lt. Commander
# 55
07-08-2011, 02:40 PM
There's some buggy stuff going on generally in PvP too. I' don't think this is all b/c of the broken UI interface (though some of it surely is), but sometimes powers seem not to activate at all. I had a polarize hull that did not give me immunity to tractor beams, engine batteries that didn't work, subnuc that had no effect on target (they did not have a sci team running, unless it was a UI issue), and tac team that didn't rebalance shields. Sometimes these skills work, but at times in PvP the last day they didn't. In PvP, though, how and when you use your skills can be the difference between being instakilled and staying in the fight. As someone who only continues playing STO because of the PvP, this is incredibly frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 56
07-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendersh0t
There's some buggy stuff going on generally in PvP too. I' don't think this is all b/c of the broken UI interface (though some of it surely is), but sometimes powers seem not to activate at all. I had a polarize hull that did not give me immunity to tractor beams, engine batteries that didn't work, subnuc that had no effect on target (they did not have a sci team running, unless it was a UI issue), and tac team that didn't rebalance shields. Sometimes these skills work, but at times in PvP the last day they didn't. In PvP, though, how and when you use your skills can be the difference between being instakilled and staying in the fight. As someone who only continues playing STO because of the PvP, this is incredibly frustrating.
I have the same problem on both of my Klingon toons, sometimes the power tray abilities DO NOT let me click them. I'm not talking about the misfire thing, They just don't work. but when i use the keyboard to fire off these powers, or click the same power on on the BOff tray, it works fine.this problem comes & goes, but it's killing me. I fly with WASD & fire powers/look around with my mouse. having to double check my tray every time i use a power, then drop my mouse in the middle of a fight & look at the keyboard to find the appropriate key, then get my mouse again has made PVP pretty much undoable to me. by the time i get all that done, I'm either dead or irrelevant, hopelessly out of position to alpha. It's flat out un-fun & frustrating. My Fed, however, seem to work just fine.
Lt. Commander
# 57
07-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Well, at least it's been discovered that the 'nerf' to the Borg gear is actually a bug: Heretic and CaptainGeko discuss it here, thanks to Beagles for opening that in the STO Discussion, it actually got noticed (and even a response) in there.

+1 Dark-Side Cookie for Beagles

-Big Red
Lt. Commander
# 58
07-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
I have the same problem on both of my Klingon toons, sometimes the power tray abilities DO NOT let me click them. I'm not talking about the misfire thing, They just don't work. but when i use the keyboard to fire off these powers, or click the same power on on the BOff tray, it works fine.this problem comes & goes, but it's killing me. I fly with WASD & fire powers/look around with my mouse. having to double check my tray every time i use a power, then drop my mouse in the middle of a fight & look at the keyboard to find the appropriate key, then get my mouse again has made PVP pretty much undoable to me. by the time i get all that done, I'm either dead or irrelevant, hopelessly out of position to alpha. It's flat out un-fun & frustrating. My Fed, however, seem to work just fine.
I have heard this reported by a few people now, but not had it happen myself. Stuff going grey and being unusable till you zone. lol

I have also noticed now that powers just don't missfire, they don't activate at all. Oh my.... so many bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 59
07-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Lt. Commander
# 60
07-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Oh my. We suspeced as much last night... of course not being able to see buffs half the time on yourself or your targets just makes you think your going mad. Glad I have something else to play for a month or two until Cryptic fixes it.... if they do anyway. lol
Closed Thread