Lt. Commander
# 11
07-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
Does fixing it include allowing us to select "None" For Fleet/UFP Logo option? Cause that'd be the greatest fix EVAH!
I wish. I'm gonna try to get this in game as an option for all ships eventually... I personally hate fleet logos.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-08-2011, 06:21 PM
@Zoberraz:

i am not the biggest Luna Class fan
it is not something i would know from the tv show and i did not read any Titan Books,
STO is pretty much my first contact with that ship

so uhm...some comparison pictures might help a lot to understand what you are even talking about?

i googled some random pictures and i can't see anything huge popping out in my face?

/confused
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
@Zoberraz:

i am not the biggest Luna Class fan
it is not something i would know from the tv show and i did not read any Titan Books,
STO is pretty much my first contact with that ship

so uhm...some comparison pictures might help a lot to understand what you are even talking about?

i googled some random pictures and i can't see anything huge popping out in my face?

/confused
There's a list on this thread.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=163481
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
I wish. I'm gonna try to get this in game as an option for all ships eventually... I personally hate fleet logos.
I'm not a fan of them either. Starfleet is the only fleet the Federation needs. While it is true that Starfleet is broken up into smaller fleets for logistic purposes, they don't have individual fleet logos painted on the hulls of their ships.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illustrious_q
I'm not a fan of them either. Starfleet is the only fleet the Federation needs. While it is true that Starfleet is broken up into smaller fleets for logistic purposes, they don't have individual fleet logos painted on the hulls of their ships.
Maybe, but IMO this is one of those Star-Trek-IP-meets-gaming-reality thingies. We do have fleets, because MMO's require them (more or less), and many MMO players enjoy them.

Of course, I'm all for making it optional. More choice is always, always better.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Quote:

*looks long and hard*

boy those guys can be picky

ok... i guess i can see some legit points there...
but half of those circles don't make any sense to me O_o
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Quote:
I'm sad to hear second-hand about Sean's disappointment with the in-game, low poly, MMO 3d model of the Luna. Perhaps if he were to contact Cryptic Studios, CBS, or John Van Citters with his complaints instead of posting about it on TrekBBS then maybe I'll get some time to revisit the model.

(...)

I think it would kick @$$ if Sean and Andy Probert would get in touch with me. In the meantime I have a sh!tload of work to do.
No kidding. IMPO, this Ferris Bueller-esque here-say is just that. If they want to be vocal about it, they can, for lack of a better term, man up and contact the right people, instead of lolwuting about it like kids on 4chan. I'm sure they still have contacts at CBS; for crying out loud, they worked on the shows

If they're that disappointed, they can let the correct people know, so that other people can clear up the schedule for CapnLogan to get things set right.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Quote:
LOL WTF? ok fixed it'll be in the patch.
Ty sir! Very much.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-08-2011, 10:26 PM
You could say I was referring to these:
http://imgur.com/uUcTh.jpg http://imgur.com/zO8pI.jpg http://imgur.com/T9w6x.jpg

When pointing out 'discrepancies', Tourangeau seemed to gripe against the presence of a secondary deflector on the front of the sensor pod. I heard many people comment on the front of the secondary hull needing to finish in a more pointed/arrowhead shape to the fore of the ship.

I personally would also like to see phaser strips on the rear origin points of the hull (as well as seeing the phaser texture be horizontal rather than vertical) - but that'd be an STO-extra detail Tourangeau could react badly to. I mean, he was highly critical of the addition of a secondary deflector on a ship that was two-three decades past the period he designed it for (I've never been as critical to the addition myself).
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-08-2011, 10:49 PM
it actually looks like from the reference pictures from the underside.. that the ship is too narrow. it needs a general widening from the center out left and right. the ship itself is supposed to be oval, but is too much so. the only other issue is where the secondary hull meets the saucer.. its too straight. it should be a beveled arrow shape. these two issues may be what is making it look so odd in general.. it could just be the picture. hmmm