Lt. Commander
Hey,
I most likely should send a ticket on this, but I thought I ask you lovely people here first to see if maybe I am just missing something.

I originally got a demo STO to try out the game to see if I liked it, well I did, so I went ahead and bought the real deal. However now I can't access my character that I created in the demo version. It comes up and tells me that: "This character can not be accessed with different account type." or something along those lines.

I know in my account manager on the site it says I still have the "demo" and the "paid" version now of STO, so before I go prodding the guys with a stick with a ticket, anyone here know what may be up with that, or is the really something I'll have to file a ticket under?

(and I admit, I really don't want to delete her and do the tutorial /all over again/)
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-09-2011, 12:06 PM
I'm having the same problem. I've already submitted a ticket. I can't say I'm enjoying my fist day as a paying customer.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Erebus
I'm having the same problem. I've already submitted a ticket. I can't say I'm enjoying my fist day as a paying customer.
After you entered you retail key code - did yo also set up a subscription (and enter a valid credut card or paypal info) as that is also required to fuully activate the game. YOu won't be chaged until the 30 days are up (and you can also cancel beforehandand stil play the remainder of those 30 days too; but you do have to set up a subscription in addition to entering the retail key to fully access STO.

If you did do that - there's a live billing chat system (It my not be manned on the weekend though) - but since it's a billing issue of sorts - on monday, you could use that and they should be able to fix your issue while you're chatting with them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
After you entered you retail key code - did yo also set up a subscription (and enter a valid credut card or paypal info) as that is also required to fuully activate the game. YOu won't be chaged until the 30 days are up (and you can also cancel beforehandand stil play the remainder of those 30 days too; but you do have to set up a subscription in addition to entering the retail key to fully access STO.

If you did do that - there's a live billing chat system (It my not be manned on the weekend though) - but since it's a billing issue of sorts - on monday, you could use that and they should be able to fix your issue while you're chatting with them.

I know for me that is a yes. 6 month subscription and entered the game code. So it is aware that I am a paying member, just doesn't give me access to that one character. I can, probably make a second, I just don't really want too.

However if I don't hear back from a Dev by tomorrow, I will probably either submit a ticket or see if I can get into that chat.