Lt. Commander
# 471
07-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Ah, I see. My confusion stems from that on the under-the-hood side of things, an accolade is just a reward in the same way a duty officer or 100 Merit is. Perspective can be squirrely.

It's certainly technically possible and may happen at some point, but right now all attention is on completing the implementation of the existing scope of the system, so probably not for launch, or at least not in any extensive fashion.
Liberated Borg DOFF from Into the Hive... do it!

Lib Borg Gorn.
Lt. Commander
# 472
07-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Okay, I don't know if I missed it but how will the Doff be accessed and where?
Lt. Commander
# 473
07-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Lib Borg Gorn.
Borg Gorn ftw.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 474
07-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Liberated Borg DOFF from Into the Hive... do it!

Lib Borg Gorn.
I would really like it if each Borg STF on regular awarded a non-human, non-Klingon Liberated Borg Boff of our faction and on Elite awarded the opposite faction's Liberated Borg. (You could do this even with crossfaction STFs by way of two requisition tokens and a store at Battle Group Omega that has one set for regular and one for elite.)

But a spin on this could be: Liberated Borg DOs on regular, BOs on Elite.

My ideal would be to have them in increasingly exotic species, with Khitomer Accord awarding Gorn and Caitian or Andorian Liberated Borg... and Into the Hive actually giving us Armek and Manus BOs with scaled down boss abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 475
07-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I would really like it if each Borg STF on regular awarded a non-human, non-Klingon Liberated Borg Boff of our faction and on Elite awarded the opposite faction's Liberated Borg. (You could do this even with crossfaction STFs by way of two requisition tokens and a store at Battle Group Omega that has one set for regular and one for elite.)

But a spin on this could be: Liberated Borg DOs on regular, BOs on Elite.

My ideal would be to have them in increasingly exotic species, with Khitomer Accord awarding Gorn and Caitian or Andorian Liberated Borg... and Into the Hive actually giving us Armek and Manus BOs with scaled down boss abilities.
Like this idea. Although, most of my BOs have been borgified with the Seven of Nine Costume set. Can't do it with my Orion female and Caitians don't work well with Seven of Nine hands since it replaces the Caitain claws with human hands, but head implants work good. Haven't figured out how to borgify Remans, Breens, and Holograms. Must be something with their physiology.

My main captain is an enlightened borg that got kicked out of the Collective due to her ideas. She is not one of those tragic liberated Borg that regrets assimilating people. While others were assimilating, she was learning about the various technology and cultures of the assimilated races. She believes in individuality within a Hive Mind and volunteer assimilation. Most of the crew has undergo her offer of cybernetic implants since they improve their lives, but only the female Borg BO has undergone assimilation.

Although I do think that each borg STF should have a unique Borg Doff on Normal and unique Borg Boff on Elite.
Lt. Commander
# 476
07-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
Borg Gorn ftw.

Z
Lib borg gorn DOff active roster ability - enemy boarding parties refuse to launch and are confined to the brig for disobaying an order
Lt. Commander
# 477
07-09-2011, 01:56 PM
If the day ever comes when you can actually repel a Boarding Party from your ship STO will be a complete game
Lt. Commander
# 478
07-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Would it be possible to use DOff's to allow players to train another player's BOffs? Basically, Player 1 pays honor/merits to imbue a DOff with BOff skill X, then trades/sells that DOff to another player who can use it to train one of his BOffs. Essentially, BOff skill tutoring. The DOff would probably be consumed on use.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 479
07-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
Would it be possible to use DOff's to allow players to train another player's BOffs? Basically, Player 1 pays honor/merits to imbue a DOff with BOff skill X, then trades/sells that DOff to another player who can use it to train one of his BOffs. Essentially, BOff skill tutoring. The DOff would probably be consumed on use.

Z
If you can transfer the Doff to another player, then you can use them to give passive skills to Boffs. Doffs only have passive skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Department Heads and First Officers

Subsequent to the duty roster system going live we will be rolling out the next component of the system: Department Heads and your First Officer.

Bridge officers will be able to "eat" duty officers of their own branch to learn those duty officer's passive abilities. (Fictionally, think of it as the duty officers are joining that bridge officer's staff.)

With the appropriate expenditures of Merit/Honor and for bridge officers with adequate training, a player can appoint a bridge officer to head up one of six departments - Tactical, Security, Science, Medical, Engineering, Operations. Once heading up a department, those "eaten" duty officer skills will become active.

(For the record, the term "eaten" is used in this description to make sure it is clear that the duty officer goes away.)

Slotting between stations (the current "Assignment" tab), away team and department head slots are independent; if you slot a bridge officer into the Tactical Department Head slot, their passive powers will be in effect. That exact same bridge officer could also be slotted into a bridge station or away team, but whether that bridge officer is or isn't his or her department passives will be in effect.
Lt. Commander
# 480
07-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
If you can transfer the Doff to another player, then you can use them to give passive skills to Boffs. Doffs only have passive skills.
That's not what I mean. I mean using a DOff to train a BOff in a BOff skill. As in, you "train" the DOff in Phaser Turret III then trade or sell him to another player, then that player can use the DOff to train one of his Engineering BOffs in Phaser Turret III. Basically, the DOff becomes a BOff skill training token.

Z