Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
07-09-2011, 03:54 AM
Yeah, they should let you upgrade your tier 5 to tier 6, but then again, I'd just like to see some new ship designs and tech for the ships, like weapon slots for the sides of the ships, universal slots, and some other techs.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-09-2011, 07:00 PM
not sure more weapon slots will really help any. We keep getting further reduced benefits as it is due to the energy system.....because bigger ships obviously don't have increased power output.....all ships are powered by the same warp engines and just can't fire more weapons. Hopefully this will be adjusted as things progress. Ships should start getting more then just the generic power bonuses. Or a change to the energy mechanic to allow ships to mount more weaponry and not taking as much of a damage penalty. Not really need to worry about it just yet, but as we get into more weapon mounts it needs looked into otherwise your just getting more weapons to decrease your damage potential.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-09-2011, 08:49 PM
The extra weapons could be accomodated by having a "built in" Nadion Inversion or EPS transfer mechanic running the whole time.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Yes, and an extra warp core or two.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-09-2011, 10:25 PM
well if they have those effects permanently then what would the engineer abilities do?
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-09-2011, 10:27 PM
I don't think the power drain should be constant for weapons. While they do actuallly use the same power on a given ship each ship would have a stronger or weaker warpcore power generation so in effect ships with more power available would drain less energy per weapon firing. This would still allow them to use the 25-125 weapons setting to reflect how much of your power is actually diverted to fireing weapons. Just an idea. But then it would have to have some difference for shields/engines/aux to reflect the increased power output.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-09-2011, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jentai View Post
I don't think the power drain should be constant for weapons. While they do actuallly use the same power on a given ship each ship would have a stronger or weaker warpcore power generation so in effect ships with more power available would drain less energy per weapon firing. This would still allow them to use the 25-125 weapons setting to reflect how much of your power is actually diverted to fireing weapons. Just an idea. But then it would have to have some difference for shields/engines/aux to reflect the increased power output.

Yes, better ships get a stronger warp core, but they also get stronger weapons, so, while it would make sense to have it scale back the higher tier of ship, it would also *not* make sense.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-10-2011, 02:25 AM
I'd like to see a generic "Refit Package" that could be applied to any ship once and only once (i.e. you couldn't stack two of them onto the same ship). I would give it the following:

1: A universal "Refit" console that gives +25% hull hit points and +5 Engine Power--this represents the refit itself and equates to improving your hull and engines to one tier higher.
2: +1 each Science/Engineering/Tactical Console slots (e.g. if your ship had 3/2/2 then it would upgrade to 4/3/3)
3: +1 Universal Lt. Cmdr BOFF station
4: +1 Ship Device slot

Alternatively, these items could all be craftable using the top-level data samples (with the limitation that you could only apply one of each kind to a given ship).
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-10-2011, 03:27 AM
What is the point when there is no suitable content to use it for and in PVP, the tier 5's still will be the best ships to use?
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-10-2011, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeirdStealth
What do you think the new tier of ships will have?
Tier 5 skins.

Quote:
5 Fore weapon slots?
Does the game code even allow for this? Also if it does, power drain means that more weapons does not necessarily equal more damage.

Quote:
Double layered shields?
...why? Why should captains suddenly be allowed to have covariant shield hitpoints with regenerative recovery just because they went one tier up?

Quote:
Ship abilities like those of retrofits?
A pretty foregone conclusion there.

I think the next tier of ships should have some universal boff slots to make them more adaptable.