Lt. Commander
I need some major help.

I patched to S4 today and logged into the game. Noticed a ton of issues with the graphics and the game running bad.

-Namely loading went from under 10secs loading to 1+minute to do anything.
-Sector Space is incredibly dark, background starscape is really low res and has colour issues, also the "grid" appears really faint and looks wrong.
-In orbit space the backgrounds appear as if they are 256colour and low res, game looks blurry.
-Tried changing graphical settings but nothing seemed to change at all except resolution.
-Alt-Tabbing or Minimizing works, then 10secs later the game re-maximizes for some reason.

Decided to restart the game and apply the full patch by taking off "on demand patching"... let the game fully patch and now when i try to run the game, I get the first CRYPTIC/ATARI load screen, then I get to the new Comm Badge loading screen (before the chr select) and the game never loads past that. CTRL-ALT-DEL shows that GameClient.exe is only using like 30mb, so clearly its not starting properly.

Reinstalling the game, but was wondering if anyone had any idea what could cause this (incase reinstall doesnt work) or any related issues to this.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/scazza/STO1.jpg

Screenshot from ingame before game wouldn't load

Comp has 2.4ghz C2D, 2x X1650s cards, 4gb of ram. Drivers are latest available for my card.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-07-2011, 06:29 PM
A lot of us aren't even getting that far... we're stuck with gameserver timeout errors
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-08-2011, 12:33 AM
Well, reinstall finished, but now launcher is trying to update and its going no where. Been at this for an hour trying to update.

Error:

"Tried to update the launcher, please be patient"
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-08-2011, 02:02 AM
has anyoone from whoever owns this game enlightend us as to whats going on yet ? a simple were working on it would be nice.

you would think a problem like cant engage would have come up sooner but i guess not

bad enough i was over charged for this subscription now i cant even play :/
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-08-2011, 08:28 PM
So progress, after reinstall, finally got launcher to work today, but Im now at the blue screen of death after teh Comm Badge loading screen and before the Chr Select screen. However I can see right now that ive alt-tabbed out of the game and it is STILL doing that damn re-maximizing bug. Also still noticing gameclient still only using 30mbs. There is no way it should be that low.

Bottom line is i STILL can't get anywhere. Maybe a patch is in order and a post by devs saying its being worked on. This has been 2 full days now with not a peep from anyone.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-09-2011, 02:12 AM
Got in using "Safe mode" but everything runs badly. Changed res etc and game is having massive load issues, incorrect appearance of things and the background 256 colour starfield is still present.

On top of that, lag is incredible. Entering a new area, I have to wait a good minute before i can move. If i move before that the game literally shoves me right back to the warp in point after letting me fly for a few seconds. Once it clears up i can proceed as normal, but still get occasional stuck in space lag...

Loading into Earth Space Dock takes forever and your toon doesnt appear on the transporter for over a minute. Game is making progress, but still unplayabkle... wish there was an option to keep graphical stuff the way it was pre-patch.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-09-2011, 05:52 PM
I cant stay logged in to any character for more than 45 seconds. Please fix, I had no issues prior to season four launch.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-09-2011, 07:10 PM
I have a similar issue. Since the Season 4 update, My game launches then freezes either at the character selection screen or right after that, when I get in game and see my character. Game says, it is NOT Responding.

What is the issue with this update? Did you guys really fubar this or what? I am kind of ****ed I cannot get in game, please advise your community on this and what you are doing to fix your FUBAR. Thank you.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-10-2011, 02:39 AM
I am having the same issue.

Loading time across the board went from like 10 sec to like 1+ mins.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-10-2011, 03:22 AM
Same here.
Loading times are horror.
and server dc from time to time.
and my favorite new UI fonts that makes game slowdown in clusters if you have few players in same zone