Lt. Commander
# 1 Looking for a fleet
07-10-2011, 02:07 PM
On and off player who is back and is planning to stay for a while. Like the new updates and have been enjoying what's been done. Like the title says, I'm looking for a fleet.

My playing hours are casual, as I'm a busy man who works swing shifts, but I'm usually playing ,thurs, Fri or Sats, any hours Pacific Time. But I tend to like role play fleets who have a certain level of seriousness. (I hate the USS Litter Box commanded by Capt Kitty for example) I would also prefer a more "canon-esk" fleet for lack of a better term. I'm not necessarily a 'trekkie', but I don't want to serve in the aforementioned Capt Kitty's 55th Fighting Felines Fleet either.

I am a noob. I am a LtCmdr 5, Tactical. I played when the game first came out and then quit deciding to wait for updates. I like what I see, but am a bit lost, so a noob friendly fleet would be nice.

Anyway, thanks for reading. I hope to find a fleet I can serve soon, and serve well.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-10-2011, 03:21 PM
I'll tag on to this thread since it mirrors my sentiments. I'm looking for a fleet that plays in character. Not Captain Kitty but also not the types that RP more through forums than the game. Being a larger fleet helps with having more interaction opportunities inside the game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Hello!
I'm Josh Vincent, from Lotus Fleet. I saw your fleet search thread and thought you might be interested in our fleet. Our website is located at www.lotusfleet.com. We are a casual, mature fleet of Star Trek fans. There are no in-game requirements other than 'keeping it clean,' since some of us have children within earshot, and having fun. We do have Teamspeak available, though it's optional.

The fleet has a very active role-playing forum. Participation is not required, but it is a lot of fun. You are welcome to check out our role-playing section and enjoy the stories that develop on the different ships.

We also provide other activities, such as a daily "Trek Trivia", a monthly newsletter, and support for other games such as LOTRO and Pirates of the Burning Seas.

In addition, we have an Academy. This is open to anyone, regardless of their fleet membership. It's our contribution to the Star Trek community. It consists of brief 'courses' on Star Trek lore and STO information. As my teenager says, "It's like school, but fun!" You're welcome to participate.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me by PM here or at the Lotus Fleet forums--I'm Josh Vincent on the Lotus Fleet Forums.

Good luck with your fleet search,
Josh Vincent
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-10-2011, 04:03 PM
I'll tag on too, I'm looking for the same thing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Hello LancerVI and Rurouni_Alex.

You may want to check out the {UFP}. We've been around for over 9 years supporting Star Trek PC gaming. We're certainly a canon based fleet where possible, and our community is helpful, friendly and mature.

For more information feel free to visit our website at www.ufplanets.com, or contact me personally John Hathaway@Hathaway
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-10-2011, 07:20 PM
If you have family/work and the odd board meeting cutting into your in-game life and you are over 30 then we may be the fleet for you.

Check us out at TOSFLEET.COM
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Wanted! Friendly and sociable Trekies!
Federation Fleet is an all friendly, mature, helpful multifaction all encompassing Fleet.

Established before STO was released we have a Membership from all around the World including good sized groups of EUROPE, USA and ASIA members.

Excellent voice comms and Fleet chat! We are a well established fleet with members ranging from brand shiny new players to battle hardened veterans of the wars across the galaxy! ^^

Feel free to join in the fun with us!

Plenty of opportunities to make your mark in an excellent, happy and fun gaming community.

Feel free to look us up in game, and Check out Our Web Site:
www.FederationFleet.GuildLaunch.Com
for more info and Application.