Lt. Commander
# 11
07-10-2011, 09:17 AM
I got confused when I replied. I don't think I actually tried the option to arrest the Remans, so I can't comment on how to go about it. I assumed it was a mission ender so I did not try it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-10-2011, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia
We are back to where we where a year ago with these guys.
I played Frozen solo on normal with my KDF sci and thought it'd be a nice change to arrest the Remans.

The Final encounter, right next to the dampening field console killed my BOs in seconds 5 times.
He can easily do over 100 dps through the shields, disable you for seconds with the lunge-forcefield dome combo and call up to 6 guard captains pets, which now also have shields and significant HP.

Seriously this was an encounter I expect on elite, but not on normal.
Do you have the Purple shield from Skirmish in Eta? 21% reduction in psionic damage (psychic in the game?) I donno anyway it really helps with Remans.

(Not that I'm disagreeing that captain level mobs are stupidly OP now Captain, Commander and 2 lts kinda stupid in an explore mission let alone an ACTUAL mission) *shakes fist*
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kivrin
Do you have the Purple shield from Skirmish in Eta? 21% reduction in psionic damage (psychic in the game?) I donno anyway it really helps with Remans.
The shield with psi damage reduction might be a good idea here. I'll give it a try and give you an update.
My main char and all my bo still use MK XI [Dis] [Reg] since the disruptor dual pistol mobs in DSE used to be insane op.

Edit:
Tested him today with a new weapon setup.
I replaced my BO's full auto assaults with miniguns, arcwave and blast assaults and sniper rifles with split beams.
With my tactical he went down before he could use any skills.
With my sci he died together with his pets in the arcwave cones.

Seems defensive play style is no longer feasible and victory is decided just by how much burst damage you can deal.