Lt. Commander
# 11
07-10-2011, 10:38 AM
It sounds to me like nintendo is looking to subsidise thier game with targeted advertising.
Believe it or not getting your social security number and other vital stats (like what purchases you've made in the past, what IPs you've visited, etc), isn't that hard. Chances are a few major telemarketing companies have that info already. What marketing Companies like to do is build dossies, on people, with that info.
So that they can send specific advertisements that may interest you and up the chance of making sales.

I wouldn't be suprised if the lego mmo has targeted marketing shown during loading screens, ingame advetisements tailored to your interests, or even spam in your email taking a major upswing. If your playing the lego MMO. THis is just my opinion based on what I read in the original post.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-10-2011, 11:22 AM
It's rediculus, people are fighting to be free all over the world since the last hundred of years and now some companies are trying to brainwash kids and adults to give up their rights to keep their private life to their own.
AND NO ONE SEEMS TO CARE!

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
Remember when we could board a plane without being scanned, strip-searched and groped?
That was when a stupid guy didn't stick a bomb in his underwear. Those were the days.....
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-10-2011, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreodred
It's rediculus, people are fighting to be free all over the world since the last hundred of years and now some companies are trying to brainwash kids and adults to give up their rights to keep their private life to their own.
AND NO ONE SEEMS TO CARE!

Live long and prosper.
THe sad thing is that most ppl dont know it's happening buddy. Facebook is upfront about wanting to sell user information but I talk to folks who are suprised by it all the time...