Lt. Commander
# 11 They are adding auto-loot!
06-30-2011, 05:01 PM
I was over on the Tribble threads, and they have added auto-looting! Oh Boy! Someone there at Cryptic must have said 'Hay! I have an idea, let's not worry about fixing some of the other stuff, lets spend some time and add auto-looting to the game. The other stuff can wait. Oh, and good job at getting those new Horta finished and on the C-store!'
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Honestly, I would cut the devs some slack. It's not like they are purposely ignoring bugs and whatnot. Some things may SEEM like an easy fix, when in actuality, they are not. Case in point - the annoying 'bring-you-out-of-cloak' bug. The one where you decloak whenever your bridge officer talks to you. Yeah, that's been complained about for over a year. Multiple threads about this one. But it turns out that in order to fix this, they had to individually adjust EVERY SINGLE MAP where a cloaked ship could go. This was not an easy fix despite what players thought. And to the devs credit, they got it done, and is set to be fixed for season 4.

Also, as has been explained multiple times in various threads, different devs work on different things. The costume people work on graphic designs for the costumes. They don't know anything about coding, and don't know how to fix bugs. But you always hear about "why are the devs making new costumes when there are so many bugs???? OMG. Please fix the bugs first!!!". Different teams for different tasks. That is basically why.
Lt. Commander
# 13 You are absolutely correct.
06-30-2011, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Honestly, I would cut the devs some slack. It's not like they are purposely ignoring bugs and whatnot. Some things may SEEM like an easy fix, when in actuality, they are not. Case in point - the annoying 'bring-you-out-of-cloak' bug. The one where you decloak whenever your bridge officer talks to you. Yeah, that's been complained about for over a year. Multiple threads about this one. But it turns out that in order to fix this, they had to individually adjust EVERY SINGLE MAP where a cloaked ship could go. This was not an easy fix despite what players thought. And to the devs credit, they got it done, and is set to be fixed for season 4.

Also, as has been explained multiple times in various threads, different devs work on different things. The costume people work on graphic designs for the costumes. They don't know anything about coding, and don't know how to fix bugs. But you always hear about "why are the devs making new costumes when there are so many bugs???? OMG. Please fix the bugs first!!!". Different teams for different tasks. That is basically why.
Your absolutely correct Latinumbar, maybe some of my comments were misdirected. The DEV's have done a LOT of great work, STO is one of the best looking MMO's out there. Trust me I have played them all! I waited many years for this game to be released. I watched it go from company, to company while it was being developed, and I was very pleased with the results once it was finally on the market. Being a big fan of Star Trek I was so worried that the game was not going to meet the Star Trek standards that we have all come to know. And I was not disappointed.

But I also feel that as paying patrons, we should keep voicing our opinions on what needs to be fixed or changed, keep the DEV's on their toes so to say. And if they listen, and they have been, the game will become better and better. But if they don't listen to what their customers are saying, then the game will go into ruin. Good example of that happening is Star Wars Galaxies, that game became a ghost town over night when they introduced the 'New Game Experience' (I think they called it). But that's a different story for another time.

But again, you are right Latinumbar, They have been doing a great job, and season 4 is going to be a great addition to the game, but lets not let the DEV's forget, that there are still things that we would like to see changed.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-08-2011, 08:12 AM
If you switch ships make sure to set up your Assignments BEFORE leaving spacedock. If you do so, your powers will remain more or less consistent with the previous ship. The only things that will change are powers that were not available on the previous ship because you changed an officer or the ship has an additional level in a certain spot (i.e. your BO went from an Ensign Tactical slot to a Lieutenant Tactical slot).

Or, better yet, with the new update, just use setting #4. Leave the BO powers off the tray because they show up in another box, and leave the 30 additional slots for other stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-09-2011, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evshell18 View Post
If you switch ships make sure to set up your Assignments BEFORE leaving spacedock. If you do so, your powers will remain more or less consistent with the previous ship. The only things that will change are powers that were not available on the previous ship because you changed an officer or the ship has an additional level in a certain spot (i.e. your BO went from an Ensign Tactical slot to a Lieutenant Tactical slot).

Or, better yet, with the new update, just use setting #4. Leave the BO powers off the tray because they show up in another box, and leave the 30 additional slots for other stuff.
Thanks for the info, I will most certainly do that.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-11-2011, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawk1984 View Post
You know what sucks?....

... Having to adjust my buttons on the hot bar, and re-assigning bridge officers every time I switch a ship.
AGREED. Irks me to n end.