Lt. Commander
# 11
07-10-2011, 11:27 PM
I know it's "cool" to hate things that are popular but there is really nothing wrong with an iPhone.

/gets annoyed at people who hate on things just because they're mainstream.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-10-2011, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundrum-NSA
I know it's "cool" to hate things that are popular but there is really nothing wrong with an iPhone.

Actually I hate my iPhone because there was something wrong with it from nearly day one, and the Apple Store refused to fix it short of me forking over a couple hundred bucks. It has nothing to do with mainstream and everything to do with the reality of me having a terrible experience with the 3GS.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-11-2011, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundrum-NSA

It has nothing to do with the iPhone being the trendiest phone on the block. All the hate stems from the fact that that Apple has nothing to offer that their competition cant, except a lot more aggravation. The only reason people buy it is because Apple came up with the first Smartphone and that to them makes it the assumed go-to source for quality and advancement.

<in before inane sheeple comments>
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-11-2011, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
It has nothing to do with the iPhone being the trendiest phone on the block. All the hate stems from the fact that that Apple has nothing to offer that their competition cant, except a lot more aggravation. The only reason people buy it is because Apple came up with the first Smartphone and that to them makes it the assumed go-to source for quality and advancement.

I support this, along with the mere fact that they are excessively overpricing their items.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-11-2011, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork

Palm, HP, Microsoft, and others may disagree with this statement. Even Apple was using Windows CE in their stores until about two years ago. Apple came out with the first next-gen smartphone; they didn't invent the market.

My disapproval with Apple happened during the antennae-gate issue. Apple's entire approach to the consumer during that time was along the lines of "How dare you question our design choice?" Then it became "Well, everyone else does it too." And then finally "Okay, fine, here's a free bumper for the QQs."

It was that indignant attitude that caused me to finally drop Apple. HP bought Palm at around the same time and so I decided my next phone would be a webOS phone. I sold the iPhone and bought the Veer and replaced the iPad with the TouchPad.

Only thing left to go is that useless AppleTV.