Lt. Commander
# 11
07-08-2011, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsBody
I seem to recall this was brought up during the S4 testing on Tribble - fleet action queues for creating private (fleet) instances of a fleet action are great but you need to leave the public "drop in" fleet action open and running as it was before, so that people can drop in whenever they want and not have to hope there is enough people to fill a queue.

You are making it harder for people to actually play the game and have fun Cryptic, that is NOT a good idea.
well im sorry im not having fun waiting around all day for the fleet action to start up and so are many other's not enjoying the waiting.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-08-2011, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
Maybe there is a way to advertise active queues?
Like, you enter Pi Canis Sector and you get a small pop-up: "A Captain is gathering a team for Breaking the Planet and needs your help, would you like to join? Yes/No".
A lot of people would click yes and check it out that way who wouldn't have even thought about doing this.
I bet the queues would fill up in no time.
a very good idea BUT? it will be useless in the not so busy time's of the day,
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-08-2011, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker999 View Post
I think it was DStahl (don't quote me here) who wrote, that the Fleet Actions were never intended to be played by a small number of players and that's, at least one of the reasons for the 5 player minimum.

There are a couple of problems I can see:

Some Fleet Actions just don't need 5 people to be completed.

Some Fleet Actions are more popular and it will be impossible sometimes to find 5 people for the less popular ones (for example The Temple).

The instances are splintered into 5 grade steps. How long will it probably take to get 5 people that are not VAs and meet this rank requirement to start a queue?

Fleet Actions were dynamic. I can't count the times I started SB 24 or The Klingon Scout Force with only 2 people and ended up with 10 or more during the mission. People joined later, others left and so on. Now I have to wait till I get 5 people within 5 grades of my own rank to even start.
It made perfect sense how it was before. Some ships respond to a distress call and arrive at different times. Now they queue up before entering the map.

I'm not opposed to those PvE queues in general, especially the private queues are excellent. The important thing is, they should be an option, an option if people like to have an instance with a minimum number of people or if they want to have their complete team in the same instance. I can live with the fact that Fleet Actions are intended to be played by more people but the reallity is, there are just not necessarily enough people of the same rank at different player timezones available to force people into a requirement.

Waiting in a queue for organized arena or cap & hold PvP matches is understandable, everybody has to start together. But one thing is for sure, I will not wait in a queue for a PvE mission as the only option to play these missions, never ever.
great point's I totally agree
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [UFP
Jeraco]great point's I totally agree
I agree as well.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-11-2011, 12:04 PM
/signed