Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
07-09-2011, 04:51 PM
I'll agree that the ship - in my mind's eyes - could've been neckless; instead having the dorsal hull between the aft shuttlebay and the saucer shuttlebay join them in a smooth curving fashion. The front could have matted the seconday hull to the primary by keeping the deflector as is but also framing it in a fashion not unlike the Luna-class which would tie it in pretty well with the arrowhead shape on the ventral side of the primary hull.

Sovereignish? Sure - but I wouldn't care. I think it would've looked gorgeous. I'll agree to the dual necks being the odd bit out that I'm waiting to have grow on me like the rest of the ship and hope it'll justify itself with the way the auxiliary craft will undock or the way the saucer separates. I don't see how they'll do it... but I'm long past the doom and gloom phase. After all, I could accept the Soul Wolf-class in Bridge Commander and find it cool (and the modder even called it an Enterprise too >_> ). IRegardless, it's not going to stop me from enjoying the ship.

Also, I never understood what people meant by 'layeredness' in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-10-2011, 12:25 AM
I never liked the forked tail very much. It was too over the top for me, style for style's sake. I think that the dual neck is dramatic enough of a design feature on it's own. The split tail just seemed a bit redundant somehow.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-10-2011, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
*rage*

Why do so many people think this? Where was this ever stated? Please show me, I implore you. Anyone, really.
think the reason people say this is this post and another one in that thread. Plus we're getting this one becouse we can't have the j. Its freaking big, like if the F was a mini hot dog the j would be like 2 footlongs tied togther or something and no sir that's not an appetisers thats a meal. An unhealthy meal with string you should take out first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Your legal threats aside...

Members of the STO team often use the poll to help decide which things to work on next... because we have a gigantic internal wishlist of things we WANT to make .. but sometimes it is hard to pick which one should go next. There were people on our team that wanted to make the J... but... it has been recommended we not make that specific ship for the fact that we could not accurately create it "as it was envisioned".

As far as it being pre-approved by CBS, this was not the case... the poll was put up by the designers prior to approvals with CBS. I've since talked with CBS and we've agreed we are not doing the J because it is just not appropriate as it was envisioned as a player ship that everyone should be flying around in (its just too big as described to be gameplay appropriate).

What CBS has instead suggested, that we will be following up on, is creating a design that is an in between step between the Enterprise we know now and the Enterprise J.... a... I wonder what the Enterprise H would look like...

They also suggested allowing players to help provide feedback and design input on what that ship should look like (similar to the Titan). That would be awesome, and I'd love to do it, but have to follow up with legal on terms of how we could allow player designs for the ship or how that would even work.

So yes... the poll generally represents things we want to make... but in this case, the J just isn't going to work as it is described. It would have to be something different and if it has to be something different... then it isn't the J but a prototype or earler ship.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-10-2011, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post
I love the new render of the Enterprise F a lot. I think it looks really, really nice! .......That is except the back portion. I think it now looks just like your standard post Sovereign assault ship back. Nothing stands out about it. It's just kind've boring.

Link

[...]
Hmm.

The ship looks stylish, but some sort of advanced saucer separation as ship class ability should be mandatory for this ship class in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-10-2011, 04:19 AM
I think they have pretty much confirmed the ship breaks into three parts so it's kindof a hybrid of Multi-Vector Assault and Saucer Separation.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-11-2011, 06:55 PM
I'm rather glad the fish tail got toned down. Honestly it was the only feature of the F that I really disliked. As for it not looking enough like the J, that's fine by me. We may be constrained to moving toward it by canon considerations, but the J was a horrible, ugly design. We have 4 iterations to get to that point (assuming the timeline doesn't shift before that), so lets... take our time.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-11-2011, 08:27 PM
I think the back portion of your preferred one looks silly TBH, the lines don't match. Doesn't fit with anything else on it.