Lt. Commander
# 11
07-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf13
I would like to see the shield and health numbers returned to where they were and see where the game sits with the improved weapons and speed. If this doesnt work, I think a big pass of mob abilities will be required which I imagine a dev would hate to do (as would I).
^^^ This.... I would love to see the shields (and health) returned to previous values and see where the game is with the new weapons and speed.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
While 98% of what Season Four brought us was Pure Win and I think the Devs need to give themselves a big round of back patting for getting that all done; the pacing on the ground is a bit out of wack.
I like the way ground combat has changed but some people are saying, if I understand correctly, that it is too fast-paced.

I wonder if it would be possible to make enemies (in PvE) "smarter" so that they hide behind walls, rocks, and other objects for cover and make combat harder that way. Sometimes, enemies just run toward us like they don't have brains. That works for the Borg but for other enemies, it's fatal. That is why I wonder if it is possible to make enemies a little smarter.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Player health needs to be resored to previous value, NPC health and shields should be boosted 30% The Paceing on PvE is ok, the pacing on pvp is bad, in pvp, the person with the highest DPS is the winner, no stratagy for pvp, my tact litraly runs into rooms, with a shotgun, and can clean a room of players in 2 shots, its like running around in Call of duty with an Ak 74 rapid fire then some players are riduclusly underpowered in pvp! Tacts need to ground spec, they are no longer good by default. Science dont really need to spec in my experiance in season 4 (dont hold me too this i do not have a sci, only a tact) and engineers are just bad at pvp...
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-12-2011, 08:52 AM
I’d prefer they move forward with the pace of combat as it is, and tune the skills appropriately.
For example:
-********* Small buffs become passives, with no button clicking required.
-********* Other buffs become huge, with long-cooldowns (e.g. boss-beaters).* Something worth hitting besides the fire button.
-********* Heals are pre-allocated…maybe a health buff at the start of the fight, or something similar to a “guard” ability from other games where you cover one target
-********* Turrets are instant clicks – they beam-in just like they do now, but you can keep moving while they beam in.
Just some thoughts, but I like the current pace and would rather tweak skills to keep the pace and immersion.
-Jeff