1. We want everyone to join our teamspeak tomorrow to make this a lot easier to coordinate and so people are not server hopping. Goose was nice enough to upgrade our server to 50 people just for this event. Even if you dont have a mic, dont worry about it, just come in so you can hear your teammates.
Team Speak 3 (download the client free at their site)
All "Team" Channels should be open for guests, if you have a problem moving to your team, let one of us know.
2. We will be using an in game channel for communication as well:
If you have any issues, we will be on several hours before the event. Or if you simply want to chill, we'll be there.
-Qew- players will not be on teams, but instead will be subs incase anyone has to leave.
The first set of teams are taken from the rolls. The only thing we changed were the members of 4th fleet as they all got placed on the same team, so we swapped them with other players. The second set of teams are every sixth player gets matched up, ensuring (aside from once again, 4th fleet being on one team) no one is playing with the same people twice.
Though I didnít want to do this, I felt the feedback I was receiving from people made it a necessary. Iíve held off as long as I could in hopes that a developer would respond to the issue (or at least to my mail), but that doesnít seem like itís going to happen.
So due to the following:
-Voldemort II Glitch (unlimited commander powers)
-UI Bugged (powers not working, powers not showing up on enemy ship)
-Items being inaccessible (not leveling properly)
-Healing via Auto Assist bugged
-Keybind Targetting broken
-PvP Queues acting up, making it difficult to practice
We have postponed the PvP Tournament to the following date: Saturday August 6th @ 1:30 pm EST.
We felt that the game simply cannot be played in a competitive way with all of the above being broken and hope that 3 weeks will be enough time for the bugs to be sorted out. I realize there may be some issues with the above date due to people going on vacation, so it may change. More will be on that tournament later.
However, we donít want this weekend to go to waste, so we are willing to host a slightly different event in its place in addition to the postponed event at a later date, and it even takes advantage of one awesome feature new to season 4.
We call it the Organized PVP Community Event, and this is how itís going to work:
1. I am going to take all the @ handles of every player/team who sign up for this and throw them in a pool. Note: Any rogue individual players who could not get a team in for the last one are most welcome here!
2. I will roll in game for each individual that wants to play.
3. Hereís the twist Ė I will form random teams based on the rolls. So for example, lowest 5 rolls are matched together. Then the next 5 lowest are matched together and so on until everyone is on a team.
4. Teams will come up with a team name (do not have to join the same fleet however) and play against other random teams over 8 games.
The Rules are mostly the same:
-No more than 3 of the same Captain Class
-25 minute games
-No Scramble Sensors III
-No Mines, Scorpions, or Breen Torps
I need all @ Handles by 12 NOON EST Friday July 15th (preferably posted below in this topic for simplicity, though mail is fine as well). I then need a team name before 12 NOON EST Saturday July 16th. The teams will be posted publicly soon after the Friday deadline (I have to roll in game). I will edit a link right below when the spreadsheet is ready:
I will be making a new OPVP Tournament thread after this event is over for any questions or concerns.
If this is a success and people would want it, we are also talking about holding an escort only tournament (one of TSIís ideas) the following Saturday on July 23rd as wellÖbasically fun events until the game is fixed and we can have a real one.
So the schedule would look like this:
July 16th - OPVP Community Event
July 23rd - OPVP Escort Tournament
July 30th - *Week off*
August 6th - OPVP Tournament
Any questions or concerns, post below or feel free to mail me.
EDIT: Also, we have teamspeak that can hold up to three teams of 5. This can be bumped up if needed.