Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
07-12-2011, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I seem to remember that "In Before the Lock" is not appreciated either.

For me personally, it seems pretty obvious what is okay with Cryptic and what isn't, at least most of the time.
Unfortunately this cinldues that strong negative emotions must be written in a "diplomatic" way that tends to lessen the impact. Which is certainly the reason for the policiy. Evoking strong negative emotions doesn't look good for Cryptic, and it also doesn't really lead to constructive discussion.

In other words - the forums are not for venting. Better get yourself a punching bag (you can write Cryptic on that, if you like).

Mustrum "Captain Obvious to the Rescue" Ridcully
everythíng and nothing can be okay.. the rules are done so that any post can be moderated if needed.

i guess ill take a forum vacation for a while.. even a game vacation i guess..
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-12-2011, 06:34 AM
I'll be sad to see you go and I sympathize for the positions everyone is in. Both yours and Cryptic's. I have Wish's job on another forum and I definitely have people that hate me and you might not realize it, but it does hurt. But I also have feelings like yours sometimes, yeah.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-12-2011, 06:52 AM
Wait, we can't say in before the lock?
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-12-2011, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thamupp View Post
i guess ill take a forum vacation for a while.. even a game vacation i guess..
Might be for the best. The sheer number of heads exploding around the forums in the last few days makes me wonder if more people shouldn't take some small vacations from the game. Getting so worked up over something that most people are paying 50 cents a day to play can't be healthy.

Take a month off, pocket the $15, and come back when the bugs have been fixed. Your blood pressure will thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-12-2011, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Might be for the best. The sheer number of heads exploding around the forums in the last few days makes me wonder if more people shouldn't take some small vacations from the game. Getting so worked up over something that most people are paying 50 cents a day to play can't be healthy.

Take a month off, pocket the $15, and come back when the bugs have been fixed. Your blood pressure will thank you.
Well, as a lifer, I can't really do that in a meaningful way. Also, I get medication for my blood pressure already.

But anyone else - sure, best way to tell Cryptic that thnigs are not okay is them seeing losing money over it. If they want to know why, I think there is plenty of feedback on the forums.

I personally don't think that all is bad, but the sticking point of annoyance for me that one thing is always the same - a season release comes with a lot of new bugs that are all more annoying than most of the old ones, because functionality breaks that worked before, and related bug reports seem not to be used to fix the issue before they go live.

I see that there is pressure for them deliver timely and they have to make half-way reliable plans, but I don't think their current way leads ot anythnig more reliable, and it costs them customer satisfaction.

Unfortunately I know that Cryptic is not alone with this experience. Even in the company i work for it is not uncommon that a lot of bugs are introduces with the latest release, and all our plans for the next version get disrupted by several bugfix releases afterwards. The good thing with us is that at least the old versions of the software remain on the market for some time, so customers can avoid the bugs. That's not possible with an MMO. Maybe it just can't be done better, but it leads to our dissatisfaction. (And it sucks for the devs as well, because non one want to be called lazy or incompetent, nor do they like releasing bugged stuff).
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-12-2011, 07:17 AM
Ideally, cooler heads would prevail across the board. It would be nice if, in recognition of heightened tensions, the ninja grip around here could be toned down a bit to let some of these milder things slip by. Yes, we need to be careful about how we vent our frustrations but I seriously doubt that any of this is meant to be taken personally.

Honestly, would emotions run so high if people didn't love the game so much?
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-12-2011, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Honestly, would emotions run so high if people didn't love the game so much?
I have to agree with you there Hale
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-12-2011, 11:22 AM
In Forum PvP I cheat. I open the console, hax and close threads that try to break the forum PvP rules.
Such as this one.

*Quick Edith for the rest of you guys:
The main reason why we shut down flaming and trolling is that it incites other posters to react the same way. While in no means we are as needed or vital as a Doctor is, imagine doing to a Doctor and just saying "I'm in pain, fix me!". Perhaps a little better: "Since yesterday, my chest hurts, make me better!" ... but in both cases the good Doc will just look at you and say: "I will need to know a lot more than that."

Our Devs and the QA try to solve problems after patches. We must! We want out game to be awesome, after all. But a post that simply says "PvP now sux" will not help us find where the problem is. And, worse, the replies that come to such a statement are not going to be much more detailed in most cases, either. So then we have a flood of "Cryptic are terrible", " WishStone hates me", "PvP is always ignored" and so forth... and we STILL do not know what the real core issue is.

If you encounter a bug, report it through the bug report forums. Do so in a way that does not break the forum rules and you'll find the feedback is that much better - from other players as well as the folks who try to find out what can be done to help.
Closed Thread