Lt. Commander
# 1 Green Screen map
07-12-2011, 04:11 PM
I know there is a lot on the plate right now with getting Foundry together and working on S4, but in the future can you add like a Green Screen room, or map?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-13-2011, 06:57 AM
I'm not sure what you're talking about. Like, so you could recreate the look and feel of Picard's big fight scene on the satellite in Insurrection... when they ran out of money for SFX and just left the blue screen backdrop in the film?
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-13-2011, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrowedTune
I'm not sure what you're talking about. Like, so you could recreate the look and feel of Picard's big fight scene on the satellite in Insurrection... when they ran out of money for SFX and just left the blue screen backdrop in the film?
I assume it's having a map that is like a green screen set so that you could film something like a machinima and then put your character wherever you want using green screen technology in your video editing program.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-13-2011, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
I assume it's having a map that is like a green screen set so that you could film something like a machinima and then put your character wherever you want using green screen technology in your video editing program.
Hmm... if we did that, would the dialog and acting of our npcs have to be as wooden and detached as, say, the Star Wars prequels?
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Thinking about it more, I think it would take to much work. You would have to add camera controls, controls for the "actors" for animations etc., I know it would take a lot of work to implement all that, I rather have them fix things first then worry about it later when they have available resources

What led me to think about that was watching a trailer for a movie. We all know how awesome some trailers can make a movie look. W ether the movie is good or not is a different subject. Now, instead of making your trailers or cut-scenes external, it can be done internal through Foundry and tied to the mission you are currently working on. So instead of reading about the mission,or searching for the video on Youtube, the player can just preview trailer in-game when they select the mission. Hope it all makes sense.