Lt. Commander
# 121
07-13-2011, 12:45 PM
better call your CC bank then , and tell them you didnt recieve what you paid for
They can demand the money back , or even sue them
Lt. Commander
# 122
07-13-2011, 04:22 PM
I don't know if this belongs here but instead of starting a new thread i think i try it here first.

Amazon Germany doesn't have STO Gamecards in stock anymore, will there be new Gamecards or have you decided not to sell them anymore?
Thanks in advance.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 123
07-13-2011, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu666 View Post
better call your CC bank then , and tell them you didnt recieve what you paid for
They can demand the money back , or even sue them
I have sent a ticket about it they dont get is sorted soon i may see what legal action i can take against them its not even a 1 month charge thats on there as well
Lt. Commander
# 124
07-15-2011, 05:43 PM
Still no news if its fixed or not

For my part i entered a space distortion , and i ended up in another dimension called Rift
Guess ill spend my money there

ill try again here in en few months maybe , if it works then
Lt. Commander
# 125
07-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Is anyone actually getting resolution on this "billing method declined" problem? I tried about eight times, using a card I already use for several other online games and could not get it to work. I submitted two tickets already, one on Saturday the 16th and again on Tuesday the 19th, still no replies.

As a side note, how exactly is it they reply when the submit a ticket form doesn't ask for any contact information?
Lt. Commander
# 126
07-23-2011, 03:33 AM
3 Tickets and i still did not solve the problem, guess they dont want us European players in their game
Lt. Commander
# 127
07-26-2011, 03:21 PM
I finally got a reply... all I can say is WTF! This is what is considered helpful, or "support"?

Issue Summary:

===== Ticket Submission Data =====
Game: Star Trek Online
Platform: Not Selected
Category: Account & Billing Services
==========
My billing method keeps being declined, I have called my bank and this credit/debit card is good and valid. I have also used this exact same card for 4 other online games without incident. I have already been charged for the digital download, and would like to use the product I have already paid for.

Customer Service Responses:

I am sorry for any inconvenience or frustration this is causing you. I am not sure why your payment method is not working. Please attempt the purchase again or try a different payment method. Additionally the 30 days that came free with your purchase of the game have successfully been applied to your account. Thank you for playing, Cryptic Studios.

That's the exact copy and paste, so did the person reading my ticket actually notice that I said it "keeps being declined", maybe that was too subtle a hint that I had already tried again? Granted, I do not have a maters's degree in business administration, but it seems to me I would want my company to be as adaptable at receiving money as possible and not have customers jumping through hoops to pay me by telling them to "try a different payment method".

If I were the only one having an issue getting payment to go through, I could understand this customer service rep telling me they are "not sure" why my payment method is not working, however there are numerous threads and post, some over a year old detailing others with the same issue.

So I guess in the end I will keep searching these forums for any updates that might help answer the issue we are having, hope some of you had better luck with this.
Lt. Commander
# 128
07-30-2011, 06:02 AM
I was getting this error, but have resolved it by paying with Paypal instead, which did still give me an error at first, but I went to the Paypal site, logged in there, came back, clicked 'resume subscription activation' or something similar, and it went through first time.

Shame about the Credit Card errors lately though, almost walked away from this game, again.
Lt. Commander
# 129
08-15-2011, 04:11 PM
I triyed again today , still nothing, resended a ticket(in french this time)

guess ill try via paypall
Lt. Commander
# 130
08-18-2011, 01:40 AM
There's some weird things going around here.

I pre-ordered the game but thought the 50 euro price tag was too steep for content that was to be depleted in 2 weeks. So i asked for a refund (which i got) My account obviously didn't work at launch. Ok so, now i decided i want in, with all the new content and the new low price, i said it's good value for money. So went on Steam , bought the thing.

All well until i hit the startrekonline.com website to get my cd key in. It accepted it alright but it asked for a subscription. Fine, it's annoying but FINE. I used the exact same card i used to buy STO on Steam (which i knew it hat plenty of money on it). Selected 1 month sub, entered my card info, submit. ERROR, CREDIT CARD DECLINED. Fine. I'll try another card. ERROR. Ok, wtf. Another card. ERROR.
I said FU Cryptic and your stupid game, i'll go with paypal. Nothing. Changed browser, ERROR.
Even created a new account (maybe the pre-order thing messed the account up). SAME THING.

I tried booting the client, when i log in it says error. Here it is when i finally got something done. I clicked the link to activate the cd key and it went to a page that asked NO SUBSCRIPTION. Just the cd key. Ok, entered it, it said:

You are activating:

Star Trek Online - Digital Deluxe

I agree to the Terms of Use

And just the submit button. But yet again i get ERROR ENCOUNTERED with no explanation. And i can't get to the subscription thingy again to try the trick with paypal.

This is really annoying and i really want my money back (but can't get it back of course). What a pickle!

Anyone got any other ideas ?! Already submitted for a ticket but i can see from above that it takes a lot more than 24 hours to work....