Lt. Commander
# 61
07-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Black Prophecy? *heads to google*

I want a decent and up-to-date space combat game.
It is free to play....or will be when it is out, not sure if it is released in NA yet. I got a Beta invite a few months back but I was not at a point I could play a game. Will go look into it when I get a chance.
Lt. Commander
# 62
07-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Quote:
It is free to play....or will be when it is out, not sure if it is released in NA yet. I got a Beta invite a few months back but I was not at a point I could play a game. Will go look into it when I get a chance.
I am in Europe, so it's released here.

I am patching a lot right now and I wonder if I should make a noob post "WTF just downloaded the game and now it's patching for hours?!"

Just to know how it feels. :p

I still haven't figured out if I can lose my ship permanently (at least temporary it seems you can lose stuff), and this might be a sticking point for my decision whether I like the game or not. Permanent losses could turn me off, it means there is too much investment required in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 63
07-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I am in Europe, so it's released here.

I am patching a lot right now and I wonder if I should make a noob post "WTF just downloaded the game and now it's patching for hours?!"

Just to know how it feels. :p

I still haven't figured out if I can lose my ship permanently (at least temporary it seems you can lose stuff), and this might be a sticking point for my decision whether I like the game or not. Permanent losses could turn me off, it means there is too much investment required in the game.
Yeah that might be a point for me as well.... send a msg and let me know what you think of it! I know it is VERY PVP centered which is another reason I never gave it a try.... not really in the mood to play "keeping up with the jones'" right now.
Lt. Commander
# 64
07-13-2011, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Yeah that might be a point for me as well.... send a msg and let me know what you think of it! I know it is VERY PVP centered which is another reason I never gave it a try.... not really in the mood to play "keeping up with the jones'" right now.
I've done only PvE so far and haven't had the "opportunity" to die so far... :p Going through the tutorial missions still.
Lt. Commander
# 65
07-13-2011, 10:42 AM
Reminds me of when Phantasy Star Online closed down...

except people actually played SWG.

I remember watching a friend play SWG when it was still new. He was a Master Bounty hunter hanging out near a big crowd of people in Mos Eisley. Next thing I know, he lobs a grenade into the crowd and all hell breaks loose! People are running all over, blasters being fired everywhere, my buddy was taking his fair share of people out... but then it happened. A sound... one that could be heard over all of the chaos pouring from his speakers... an unmistakable sound... Fsssh... followed by a low and steady hum.

Yup. A jedi had come to bring order to the chaos. People tried to run. They tried to hide. A few short minutes later and everyone was dead, including my bounty hunter friend. Next thing I see on screen is the Jedi walking out of town, putting away his lightsaber.

To this day, it was the most epic thing I'd seen in ANY game.
Lt. Commander
# 66
07-13-2011, 03:22 PM
Why is this thread still here? Isn't it considered off topic?
Lt. Commander
# 67
07-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Why is this thread still here? Isn't it considered off topic?
It's 10Forward. There is no 'off topic'. Tropicana orange juice is made from real Florida topic oranges.
Lt. Commander
# 68
07-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.ftw

I remember watching a friend play SWG when it was still new. He was a Master Bounty hunter hanging out near a big crowd of people in Mos Eisley. Next thing I know, he lobs a grenade into the crowd and all hell breaks loose! People are running all over, blasters being fired everywhere, my buddy was taking his fair share of people out... but then it happened. A sound... one that could be heard over all of the chaos pouring from his speakers... an unmistakable sound... Fsssh... followed by a low and steady hum.

Yup. A jedi had come to bring order to the chaos. People tried to run. They tried to hide. A few short minutes later and everyone was dead, including my bounty hunter friend. Next thing I see on screen is the Jedi walking out of town, putting away his lightsaber.

Sounds Epic!!!!!!!! Too bad NG whatever killed it.
Lt. Commander
# 69
07-14-2011, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.ftw

I've seen a few of these moments in SWG and after I unlocked I gave a few of those moments also. I remember one where I had a "paddy" on Dath grinding boxes and my guild leader (who knew I was a jedi and who arranged jedi hunts) came over a hill with abour 30 players. I told the paddy to run and I took out all of them after a few LOS runs. The paddy talked about that until the day he left the game at the C6 CHANGES.

Starmond (the GL) and I were on the phone (didn't have my vent server back then) and laughing our fool heads off.