Lt. Commander
Hi guys,

Been playing STO since launch with no large problems, however following the Season 4 patch the game is now unplayable.

When I first downloaded the patch I was getting the "disappearing UI" problem that has been described here, while in space. When I docked at Earth Spacedock the whole map started to disappear.

Since this, I attempted to update my graphics drivers.

With the update, on Earth Spacedock the game keeps freezing, after which all the characters, inc luding my toon, are deformed. Eventually the game freezes altogether and I have to terminate through task manager.

Any attempt to change the video settings crashes the game.

Screenshot:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...9-15-26-23.jpg

Any help, much appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Can you post a DXDiag from you system (it'll have info on your video hardware and driver versions, etc.)
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Thanks, this problem fixed itself... or appeared to.

Having a different general crashing issue now... will post in appropriate place.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [UFP
Himble]Hi guys,

Been playing STO since launch with no large problems, however following the Season 4 patch the game is now unplayable.

When I first downloaded the patch I was getting the "disappearing UI" problem that has been described here, while in space. When I docked at Earth Spacedock the whole map started to disappear.

Since this, I attempted to update my graphics drivers.

With the update, on Earth Spacedock the game keeps freezing, after which all the characters, inc luding my toon, are deformed. Eventually the game freezes altogether and I have to terminate through task manager.

Any attempt to change the video settings crashes the game.

Screenshot:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...9-15-26-23.jpg

Any help, much appreciated.
Same here, mate.

I have an nVidia and it looks like, the "game profile" was not longer compatible with the nVidia profile.

I updated my drivers (twice) and have chosen "new profile" (on the 2nd install) and all is running fine now.

HtH