Lt. Commander
# 21
07-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
Is there a chance, that you will be able to fix the listed issues soon?
I mean, you haven't find them, they are already found by the community and we have added pictures to show the where the problem is.

Can't believe, that it takes 1 week work to add some windows, starfleet decals wrong placed/missing phaser stripes and fix wrong appearanced windows or something else ...

The Community is not able to fix the issues by himself or add own-created starships with much more time and love like the models in "Star Trek Bridge Commander"

So we have to wait until the eternity, that these issues will be fixed.. and there wasn't fixed anything on the Starship Issue list since the last months/years.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-13-2011, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
You could say I was referring to these:
http://imgur.com/uUcTh.jpg http://imgur.com/zO8pI.jpg http://imgur.com/T9w6x.jpg

When pointing out 'discrepancies', Tourangeau seemed to gripe against the presence of a secondary deflector on the front of the sensor pod. I heard many people comment on the front of the secondary hull needing to finish in a more pointed/arrowhead shape to the fore of the ship.

I personally would also like to see phaser strips on the rear origin points of the hull (as well as seeing the phaser texture be horizontal rather than vertical) - but that'd be an STO-extra detail Tourangeau could react badly to. I mean, he was highly critical of the addition of a secondary deflector on a ship that was two-three decades past the period he designed it for (I've never been as critical to the addition myself).
These images you've provided are fantastic. Next time I get a few minutes for the Luna I'll be using these as ref.

I wish I would have made all of these IP ships myself during pre-production but I didn't join the team until well after and I tell you somethin, cleaning up inaccurate models is waaaay harder than doing it right the first time... my Oberth, for example - is so much more strictly canon than any of the other IP ships I've made fix-up to, simply because I had the luxury of doing it myself from the very beginning.

I wish I could go back and do Sean's model correctly, from the beginning... in the meantime fix up will have to do.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-13-2011, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritze View Post
I mean, you haven't find them, they are already found by the community and we have added pictures to show the where the problem is.

Can't believe, that it takes 1 week work to add some windows, starfleet decals wrong placed/missing phaser stripes and fix wrong appearanced windows or something else ...

The Community is not able to fix the issues by himself or add own-created starships with much more time and love like the models in "Star Trek Bridge Commander"

So we have to wait until the eternity, that these issues will be fixed.. and there wasn't fixed anything on the Starship Issue list since the last months/years.
Hmmmm... wow. Yeah I'll get to it when I get time bro.

Kinda busy doing about a million other, higher priority things right now though.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Quote:

You realize hes one of the few modellers on the team right? he probably has bigger stuff to do then fix the small errors.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-13-2011, 05:20 PM
Quote:
These images you've provided are fantastic. Next time I get a few minutes for the Luna I'll be using these as ref.

I wish I would have made all of these IP ships myself during pre-production but I didn't join the team until well after and I tell you somethin, cleaning up inaccurate models is waaaay harder than doing it right the first time... my Oberth, for example - is so much more strictly canon than any of the other IP ships I've made fix-up to, simply because I had the luxury of doing it myself from the very beginning.

I wish I could go back and do Sean's model correctly, from the beginning... in the meantime fix up will have to do.
I'm thrilled you find the screenshots useful - I'm actually the one that spent an evening researching and making up those references so your appreciation makes it all the more worth it. Thank you.

The Oberth is indeed a very solid little piece of modeling (without the handicap of needing to be modular on top of that), so I can see where you're coming from.

I was quite happy with what you managed to do with your previous saucer fix for the Luna-class saucer. Regardless, I will take what we can get. I am happy that you're giving it consideration. If you can achieve anything remotely similar in improvement to the Luna's secondary hull, I - for one - would be extremely grateful.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Quote:

Kinda busy doing about a million other, higher priority things right now though.
Uh yeah... I know the borg engine appears a couple of KM off my port nacelle on my Comet variant for the Recon. Science vessel..... Any chance that could be fixed too? I have cookies and gagh...
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Quote:

Eh ... "about a million other". So it looks, that left one more year with no fixes and correctures
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Eh ... "about a million other". So it looks, that left one more year with no fixes and correctures
How about cutting CaptLogan a little break, he said he'll do the corrections when he can squeeze them in. Personally I'd be happy knowing that he's currently creating NEW ships for us to use rather then going back to fix minor graphics bugs, most of which that you really can't see unless you zoom in and look real hard. The minor graphic bugs don't effect how the ship flies or fights so if CaptLogan can only spend half hour to an hour fixing mistakes that his predecessor made then so be it.

Capt you've been doing a fine job, thanks for taking the time to fix these model glitches in your spare time, I can't wait to see what new ships you've designed for us all!
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
Uh yeah... I know the borg engine appears a couple of KM off my port nacelle on my Comet variant for the Recon. Science vessel..... Any chance that could be fixed too? I have cookies and gagh...
I reckon this was related to the bad geometry bug that this thread was based on. I just tested it on my side of the server and this seems to havefixed the borg engine problem
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Hmmm... could be. I mean, I'll try to do it sooner than a year but today I'm making new KDF ships.