# 11
07-14-2011, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran_Mak_Morrn View Post
1-more exterior maps ( like the one at the end of the last roman FE mission
2-player's ship bridges as playable interior maps
3-let players pick their respawn points
4-objective based games, cap the flag, king of the hill, 'zombies' & the like
Maybe you could handle the re-spawn by beaming you dead char to a med bay that is in a separate area not reachable in a arena map. like the upper left hand corner of the map. Then the walks down the hall from this safe area to the transporter and select a re-spawn point and beam in to an area that the player selects. The player before the initial beam in should be able to see all the players on the map, kinda a life signs scan, after the player has reenters the match they lose the ability to see other players on the map, pressing the v key will direct the player to the nearest hostile. mostly to prevent zergin.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godimas View Post
The maps...
Agreed on TF style maps. Put some creative places to snipe, build turrets or ambush from and you have some interesting play styles that will come out of it. Just a simple "Capture and Hold" map would be a change. Capture the flag, defend, or a good Star Trek alternative...retake the ship. One team starts on the bridge and controls the ship and the other beams in or starts in breached area. Throw in some class environment interaction like what's been done in the missions. Engineers can reroute power from parts of the ship to give them an advantage. Science could scan for lifeforms and improve or dampen detection, and tac could activate or deactive various self defence points in the ship.

That's where I would start.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-17-2011, 07:55 AM
Hi all. I have been away from the forums for a few days, sorry about that. There are some really amazing ideas going here. I especially like the things Maraculus came up with in his pose. I think we have strayed a little off topic though. What can we do to improve PVP right now with the game modes and maps that we have right now? I think its pretty much agreed that safe spawn points are a must. I didn't see any mention of not being able to heal while being knocked down, so im guessing you guys are ok with that. I think its annoying myself. Got knocked back and down four times in a row last night, and was killed. Couldn't do anything about it because I was "stunned" or whatever you want to call it, and could not respond. Anyways, keep the ideas coming!!
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-19-2011, 06:49 PM
It would also be nice to have the option to que up against already formed teams or just pugs. It is really not fun when an organised team comes in and wipes the floor with you and a bunch of random people. I understand the benefit of bringing pre made teams into pvp, so im not saying get rid of it, just give it a separate que.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-19-2011, 07:08 PM
I've been paying attention and if you read the latest Engineering Report that dstahl posted (http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=224706) PvP is getting some love

In Development:

- Adding consensual open PVP melee areas to social maps (Andoria, Vulcan, Qo'noS, Rura Penthe)

Upcoming Season 4 update:

- New PVP Map with Feature Episode Series 4 (King of the Hill)
- Repurposing some Feature Episode maps as new PVP maps

Its too early to talk about the Season 5 update listed in the Engineering Report, "Territory Control Game." But Ground PvP is getting some love for Season 4. Also as I've said in other threads, some of the issues that players have voiced their concerns about are being looked into by myself and some other devs, particularly spawn camping (This was one of the very first things I brought up even from when S4 hit Tribble.) I'm out to try and make your ground PvP experience even better!
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-19-2011, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltoram
I've been paying attention and if you read the latest Engineering Report that dstahl posted (http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=224706) PvP is getting some love

In Development:

- Adding consensual open PVP melee areas to social maps (Andoria, Vulcan, Qo'noS, Rura Penthe)

Its too early to talk about the Season 5 update listed in the Engineering Report, "Territory Control Game." But Ground PvP is getting some love for Season 4. Also as I've said in other threads, some of the issues that players have voiced their concerns about are being looked into by myself and some other devs, particularly spawn camping (This was one of the very first things I brought up even from when S4 hit Tribble.) I'm out to try and make your ground PvP experience even better!
according to many things cryptic has been saying in the past few months, season 5 comes out sept/oct (which means last day in oct the earliest, most likely).
If it is too early to talk about season 5 now, you guys really do work fast.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Quote:

In Development:

Thanks for the response, and I know we all look forward to see your changes in action!! Any idea on when these changes might be up on tribble?

Oh, and one other thing I remembered form back in the mechwarrior days. They had a couple of different modes to play in there too. When creating a match you had the option to lock everyone in one mode or another or let people choose. The mode lock was put in level the playing field, and minimize the advantages people had over one another. All the big tournaments were locked into one of the modes. Would be neat to see something similar here too!!!
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-19-2011, 11:06 PM
Quote:
But Ground PvP is getting some love for Season 4. Also as I've said in other threads, some of the issues that players have voiced their concerns about are being looked into by myself and some other devs, particularly spawn camping (This was one of the very first things I brought up even from when S4 hit Tribble.) I'm out to try and make your ground PvP experience even better!
Are you suggesting the above is only for Ground PvP?

I know Ground PvP is now getting more active, but most of the pre-Ground requests for PvP additions came from people that primarily did Space PvP, and their calls were not "add something to the stuff we don't use". Both sides need additions.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-20-2011, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
according to many things cryptic has been saying in the past few months, season 5 comes out sept/oct (which means last day in oct the earliest, most likely).
If it is too early to talk about season 5 now, you guys really do work fast.
I can't recall if Dan stated it here in a post on the forums, or in one of the recent interviews he did around the launch of Season 4, but I believe he stated we won't see Season 5 before 2012.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-20-2011, 12:29 PM
I certainly can't complain about PVP getting some much needed attention. Seriously, I thank you for that. Ground PvP is only part of it though, and until recently it was a very minor part at that. Please don't overlook Space PVP when spreading the love. Space is iconic. Don't forget about the bread and butter.