Lt. Commander
# 41
07-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
Well shelve your disappointment because it'll be here sooner than 2012.
Okay, that makes me feel better. Does that mean Season 5 is also getting moved (back) up to late 2011?
Lt. Commander
# 42
07-14-2011, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
Okay, that makes me feel better. Does that mean Season 5 is also getting moved (back) up to late 2011?
The way my schedule works out is we sit down after we finish a season, and then block out all of my tasks for the next season. However, since I'm ships we don't necessarily hold up all of my content for a huge seasonal release, but most of the stuff I make gets released incrementally as time goes on... although this generally (as you may have noticed) happens via C-store, nonetheless it's sooner than other content.

So in the case of the ambassador, I could make i t in about 8 working days and release it a week later. C-store? Probably... but hold it til Season 5 in 2012? no way.

*edit* I know people hate it, but I'm not gonna lie and say that there's gonna be lots of free ships. There will be some free ones... I think the new Enterprise will be free and stuff... but the trend seems to be floating toward micro trans... this is an industry-wide trend too, not just Cryptic

Trust me I don't love c-store transactions either but I do love being continuously employed
Lt. Commander
# 43
07-14-2011, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Talked to my AD about it the other day. No solution in works yet. Personally I want to hire a new modeller instead of pulling an artist from another team. I need someone permanent and focused. Sadly, I don't think we'll hire until our for sale status is resolved.
You have asked for our vocal help before, is there anything we can do to help out your cause, or make your job easier? You seem to be really dedicated to the game and Trek and the Trekkie desire for all things to be perfect to everyone. You do a darn fine job, and deserve more credit and less antagonistic criticism. Some critique is good, but some posts are rude and mean. I apologize for all the posts you and the other Devs have taken badly. There are alot of us out here that respect your devotion and hard work. Keep is up and let us know if and when we can help out.
Lt. Commander
# 44
07-14-2011, 05:39 PM
[Trust me I don't love c-store transactions either but I do love being continuously employed [/quote]

Who can argue with that? I like being employed too. Go CapnLogan
Lt. Commander
# 45
07-14-2011, 05:45 PM
I like you being employed too!

This is why I continue to buy ships (and other goodies) on the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 46
07-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmodest View Post
You have asked for our vocal help before, is there anything we can do to help out your cause, or make your job easier? You seem to be really dedicated to the game and Trek and the Trekkie desire for all things to be perfect to everyone. You do a darn fine job, and deserve more credit and less antagonistic criticism. Some critique is good, but some posts are rude and mean. I apologize for all the posts you and the other Devs have taken badly. There are alot of us out here that respect your devotion and hard work. Keep is up and let us know if and when we can help out.
Thanks for the kind words sir. No need for vocal assistance with finding me a new modeler though... it's a company policy thing and they hire and stop when it's best for the company as a whole... it's just a matter of time before it happens. The more I push for it here the faster it'll happen so I'll handle it on this end

As for some of the posters that have fire in their belly, it's totally understandable and can actually be fun to deal with some times I don't usually respond to rude people, and if I do it's usually with politeness because they're frustrated and they just want to be heard too. Sometimes I'll give a little attitude back though lol but that's pretty rare.

Lt. Commander
# 47
07-14-2011, 08:23 PM
Quote:
We've talked about the Ambassador lately. I think it would make a great addition. I'm going to try toget it added to the S5 schedule.
/sniff - I was under the impression it would be ready to go in game soon (ie Sooner than sometime in Season 5 -- hey, if I can't get a T5 Connie; I'd settle for a T5 Ambassador. Hell, it SHOULD have been the 'hero ship' for TNG rather tha n the bloated 'Lounge Sjip in space' that was the Galaxy class. I've never really cared for the Galaxy and a design, or for the flying bathtub' that is the Excelsior. (And I do fly an T5 Excelsior i n game ; but only for its abilities.)
Lt. Commander
# 48
07-14-2011, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Hell, it SHOULD have been the 'hero ship' for TNG rather tha n the bloated 'Lounge Sjip in space' that was the Galaxy class. I've never really cared for the Galaxy and a design, or for the flying bathtub' that is the Excelsior. (And I do fly an T5 Excelsior i n game ; but only for its abilities.)
Ironically, the Ambassador class was built incorporating elements of both the Galaxy and the Excelsior.
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Ambassador_class#Design
Lt. Commander
# 49
07-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Quote:
*edit* I know people hate it, but I'm not gonna lie and say that there's gonna be lots of free ships. There will be some free ones... I think the new Enterprise will be free and stuff... but the trend seems to be floating toward micro trans... this is an industry-wide trend too, not just Cryptic

Trust me I don't love c-store transactions either but I do love being continuously employed
I know you might not be able to answer my question (be it because you don't know it, it is not decided, or you just can't) but any news if the new Kling variants will be free, C-Store or a bit of both? (They are "just" costumes, right?)
Lt. Commander
# 50
07-15-2011, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neosaturn View Post
Not a fan of that Merian-class.. I'm hard pressed to find an angle I enjoy looking at it from.

But I do love me some Ambassador class. All those renders.. so beyootiful!