Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
07-15-2011, 02:23 AM
No No No, you are all doing it wrong!

First, you need to be on a space map, so that this works.

Carefully approach the anomaly and if you are in scan reach, bring you ship to a full stop.

Jump out of your chair and dance 3 times (preferable in your underware) around your own PC, chanting at the same time: "Gim'me, Gim'me, Gim'me", also for 3 times!

Back in your captain's chair, all your boffs should now be in "dance mode", if not, repeat the step above!

If your boffs are in dance mode, immidiatly hit the scan button and don't forget to send a little prayer to the digital overloard god called "Ran Dom".

To make this working, you also need to make a web clip of your actions, post it on youTube and have had a minimum of 1.000.000 viewers - pls also share the link with us
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-15-2011, 02:24 AM
doppelpost - whoot
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-15-2011, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickiGraus View Post
doppelpost - whoot
Though FUNNY. No harm intended, but DOUBLE DUMB *** ON YOU! All props to the Shat.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-15-2011, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman1701 View Post
Though FUNNY. No harm intended, but DOUBLE DUMB *** ON YOU! All props to the Shat.
Just make the video and post the link :p
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-15-2011, 05:23 AM
I haven't been farming, but I've probably gotten 2-4 Chronometric and Vertion traces just scanning through regular gameplay. I don't think anything with this is broken and I doubt they changed any of the random factors.

What you need to do is look for the opposite of what you really want. Last time I went exploring, I was hoping for ground combat, as I've been really enjoying the updates. It seemed all I got was mostly Gather Data missions, with an Aid the Planet, and Scan for Antiprotons thrown in for good measure. Very frustrating! Then I decided to trick the Cryptic engine by not caring what kind of mission I got, because no matter what, I got some sort of reward for doing it. Et voila, ground combat!

But seriously, its the fact that you're looking specifically for these two trace types, thus you're more apt to notice not getting them, and your frustration builds faster. It happens in many areas of life. Just chill, drink heavily, and enjoy the pretty colors.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-15-2011, 07:06 AM
I have to agree with Obiwan, all I have been trying to farm is the normal mats, and I have between 40 and 50 of each particle trace. The "watched pot never boils" comes to mind.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-15-2011, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman1701 View Post
I've been playing STO since it launched and I'm "suddenly" having trouble with data (samples & particles) farming for a couple of months now. By that I mean I've been searching for the following:

Chronometric particle trace and Vertion particle trace.

The farming guide (from these forums) I used to follow seemed pretty accurate up unto recently. It is at http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=115026.

To be clear, I've spent literally hours every few days for months now looking in all the suggested areas and I'm about at my wits end. I simply can't locate Chronometric PT or Vertion PT.

Fellow STOers, can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?:

PS- I farmed B'tran Cluster at VA hundreds of time now, with no luck as regards these PTs!
Particle Traces are totally random. I have 8 characters at the level cap. Getting the Particle Tracker accolade was always a goal for them. I always gather anomalies. IT turn as there was always that one Particle Trace that I was missing to get the accolade. I've have upwards of 9-10 PTs but none of that one Particle Trace. And you know that that one Particle Trace was for each of my character? It was different for everyone of character.

Bottom line is that random means random. On my main character, I have 13(!) Antithorns. the count of the next closers is 5. I guess Antithorons are common? NOT!
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-15-2011, 12:17 PM
I can concur with Fuzon on the randomness. My first char didn't get the accolade till she was a VA. My sceond got it at Commander(!).
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videm
I can concur with Fuzon on the randomness. My first char didn't get the accolade till she was a VA. My sceond got it at Commander(!).
I forgot to mention on the main character of mine. Th eone with teh 13 Antithorons PTs? I created the character during the Headstart period before the game launch. He has 16 days, 30 minutes and 30 sections of playtime as of this post. He only gained Particle Tracker last night. How's that for randomness?
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-15-2011, 04:22 PM
B'Tran (VA) is where I'd go. Thats where I get mine, Seems to have a better drop rate after season 4. But they're still pretty rare.