Lt. Commander
# 11
07-15-2011, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Actually - from the time of your post - you shpuld have 42 minutes, assuming you aren't affected by the issues they're correcting.
Yeah, I was counting wrong. 4 more hours. It takes me about a half an hour just to get set up to play. No, I'm not a healthy teenager who can just plop down and play for 15 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Quote:
FYI - In the U.S. (on both the East and West coast) the majority of the working age playerbase is still at work (although some can access the forums via the internet from working during breaks or lunch.
There are also those who use their lunch break to play some STO, as I understand it... Besides, this also hits all of Europe during what are probably the mostly used hours of the week when it comes to play time. I really wonder if this couldn't have waited until tomorrow (which would make the downtime around noon on a saturday, still not great but better than a friday evening). I wonder because I haven't once since Season 4 launched experienced these Server Stability issues that are apparently going to be fixed.

Anyway, not that I can do anything about it. I'll just have to skip playing with my fleet mates tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-15-2011, 12:30 PM
I am not shocked at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimS84 View Post
...I really wonder if this couldn't have waited until tomorrow (which would make the downtime around noon on a saturday, still not great but better than a friday evening)....
You don't expect Cryptic to work at the weekend do you?
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Wow, I sure hope it's a critical problem that can't wait until tomorrow or next time to be fixed... But then you wouldn't take the servers offline during some (semi)prime playing time for the majority of your playerbase, would you?

edit: also, window should end at 22:00 UTC.
some players are crashing all over the place. one person i spoke to crashed about 6 times. its pretty serious.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Quote:
There are also those who use their lunch break to play some STO, as I understand it... Besides, this also hits all of Europe during what are probably the mostly used hours of the week when it comes to play time. I really wonder if this couldn't have waited until tomorrow (which would make the downtime around noon on a saturday, still not great but better than a friday evening). I wonder because I haven't once since Season 4 launched experienced these Server Stability issues that are apparently going to be fixed.

Anyway, not that I can do anything about it. I'll just have to skip playing with my fleet mates tonight.
If they are bringing the servers down in the middle of the day, its a sure bet it couldn't wait. Dev's don't pull down a server to mess with a region they do it because they need to. it effects me as well, I've also experienced the new Power bar bug that makes the game very difficult to play since I only can mouse click several of my abilities now due to it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-15-2011, 12:43 PM
Time error was corrected.

Tho still, what is 2000 ?
I know its sometimes phrased like this in military use, but come one.

2000 - 2300 mans 300 years.

20:00 - 23:00 means 3h.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-15-2011, 12:44 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~WishStone
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-15-2011, 12:45 PM
yeah I kept getting constant dissconnects today, shame the down time is slap bang in the wrong time for uk users.

The work needs doing though...
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captmack
yeh any reason why for another week which i seem to think you do this on purpose you are doing mainence

the 4 stfs i have done over the past 6-7 weeks have all been disrupted for downtime

can you explain why
WOW really your worried about getting your stf disrupted, I would want them to fix what ever is the emergency and not worry about weather my game got disrupted by it as long as it fix what ever needed to be done and NO they dont do this on purpose.

keep up the good work devs
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Quote:
FYI - In the U.S. (on both the East and West coast) the majority of the working age playerbase is still at work (although some can access the forums via the internet from working during breaks or lunch.
It's 9pm here in Sunny ol' England, so it's cutting right into my time, but being a sane, rational, non-nerd rager, I understand that if something needs fixing, it needs fixing. i have other things I can do while this stuff gets sorted out. Hopefully, my fellow countrymen will show the same kind of style and grace and we can all get back on STO soon.
Closed Thread