Lt. Commander
# 1 Inter-character BO transfer
07-15-2011, 11:46 AM
What I would like to be able to do is transfer a BOFF off of my ship to another ship flown by another of my characters. Sort of like a trade function for BOFFS but within my own set of characters.

My preference would be to be able to do it from our K-screens, but a Mail-like interface would work ok also. I think the idea has been mentioned before.

Main reason is so I don't have to hunt down a fleetie etc to train up that TAC power on my Engie if I have a guy who can train it already.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-15-2011, 12:20 PM
I would like this as well, along with a global bank for gear, EC, and maybe emblems.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
I would like this as well, along with a global bank for gear, EC, and maybe emblems.
Would never work for emblems as I can already think of exploits for it such as creating characters over and over to add the 500 day vet reward emblems to the pool. You can easily transfer money to another of your characters via the exchange by buying out one of your own items for the amount you want to transfer. Imo Cryptic should have implemented some sort of fix for this long ago such as being unable to buy your own items but they likely didn't due to there being no "auctions" and it's simply a buy it now exchange. They could have also implemented the ferengi taking a % off your exchange sale it to help combat this and also provide a money sink at the same time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Um.... I did this like 2 hours ago.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislove View Post
Um.... I did this like 2 hours ago.
What did you do exactly?
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Transfer of Commissioned BOs between characters on the same account requires the use of a 'trusted' third party to facilitate the BO transfer in a face to face trade... (This is what Fleet membership is useful for...) Non-Commissioned BOs can be sent as a Email attachment from a mail console between characters...

There are some limitations... Unique 'bound' BOs cannot be transferred. All parties involved must have a open BO slot, and out-rank the BO being transferred... All equipment must be removed from the BO before the transfer can take place...
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-15-2011, 01:43 PM
http://www.stowiki.org/Bridge_office...nging_Officers

Info on Trading Boffs

I agree we should be able to transfer them between characters on the same account!